Chapter 3

Jackson's P.O.V

Friday started out like a normal weekday. Ms. Carpenter would have everything ready to go for all of my meetings, I'd get the meetings done, finish the rest of the paperwork for the day and go out just like every Friday. But when I heard about Andrew's attempt at getting my secretary I flipped. During the second meeting, I made it very clear that no one who was in their right mind would do business with him and will never let him step foot in this building or near Aivery. Sitting in the office after the last meeting, I couldn't stop thinking about her. She had started working for me about two years ago and right after my divorce. Still thinking about the dumb bitch made my blood coil. She was the reason I had such hatred for women, but Aivery was different. She seemed so innocent, so sweet. She never had a bad word to say to anyone. Before I could let myself think about her physical aspects, I pulled myself from the trance and looked at the clock. 6:12 p.m. Shit, I need to get my books done and release Aivery from her duties. Getting up and walking out to her desk, she stood up immediately when she heard the doors open. Walking to her desk, I say "You may go home". She nods and starts to gather up her things. Before it looks awkward of me just staring at her, I quickly turn and head back to my office, not shutting the door. When I hear her leaving her desk I called her name, hoping she heard me. Poking her head she responds with "Yes, sir?" "Sit down please" I say nodding towards the chairs in front of my desk. She does as she's asked without questions and sits. Once she does I began to explain to her about Andrew. She thanks me and we sit there quiet for a minute staring into each others eyes. Her blue eyes were so beautiful. I had looked into them a thousand times and thought the same thing over and over again, but I refused to let myself try anything with her. She was my secretary, it would be highly inappropriate if I initiated such a relationship. The way her hair was in a neat bun and the light make up she wore, she looked perfect.Her body wasn't super skinny, but her body was just perfect. It wasn't like the girls I normally slept with and left. I had so many urges to just sleep with her once and have that be the end of it, but I had a feeling that it wouldn't be the end of anything. One, I wasn't going anywhere near something close to a relationship other then sex and two she works for me. I don't want to lose the best secretary I have ever had. Breaking my chain of thoughts, she spoke.  "Well my best friend wants to go out for drinks so I better get going." She stands and I stand with her. I walk her to the door and open it, saying "Well you be careful Ms. Carpenter." She smiles and says "Have a good night Mr. Michaels." she leaves and I shut the door behind her. Walking back to my desk, I sit down and try to finish working on the books, but kept getting distracted by my thoughts. Deciding to finish this tomorrow, after I can get myself to stop thinking about her, I closed the books and grabbed my cell phone and my jacket. Locking my office door behind me, I go to the elevator down to where my driver and the car is waiting. Getting in, I said "Take me to my regular spot." The driver nods and starts to drive down the route to the club. While he was driving, I couldn't stop thinking about Aivery. The last two years, I've pushed away my urges for her, but recently, it was just getting to be too hard. I wouldn't invite her to the banquets or events that the secretary I had before her always attended. I couldn't risk letting myself go to far and losing her in general. 

Pulling up to the curb of the club, I step out and immediately, the bouncer let me in and I went upstairs to the the VIP spot. Sitting down, several celebrities were also sitting around drinking. "Can I get some whiskey please." I say to the waitress as she is making her rounds. Watching the dance floor, I start searching for a girl that I wouldn't mind taking home for the night. By the time, the waitress had brought me my drink, I had my eye on a red head who had some exquisite curves and could definitely move on the dance floor. Letting the alcohol hit me, I notice a group of girls come into the club and immediately recognize the girl I'm trying to distract myself from. She was wearing a nice tight fitting black dress, that hug her curves just perfect and heels that made her legs pop like they always did. Her long, blonde hair was down and curly and she had a full face of make up. She looked drop dead gorgeous and something in my pants agreed. Finishing my drink, I asked for the waitress to keep them coming as I knew I was going to be here for a little while longer.