Chapter 4

Aivery's P.O.V.

Hearing my alarm go, off I rolled over and shut it off. Not sleeping a whole lot really weighs a ton a on your body, but my nerves were going off left and right and every where in between. I couldn't stop thinking about why all of a sudden, Jackson wanted me on this trip. He hadn't even invited me to an his office barbecues or parties at his house. Still laying in bed, V came running into my room and jumped onto the bed next to me. "You're gonna be just fine now it's time for you to get your lazy ass out of this bed and get all prettied up for Mr. Handsome." I laughed at her attempt to try and ease my fears. Pulling the blanket off, I slipped into my bathroom and turned the shower on. Taking off my pjs and undergarments, I stepped into the hot steaming water waiting for me. Letting it relax my muscles, as they are tense and weren't going to get any better. Washing my hair and body, I heard V in my room going through my closet. Ugh, this girl was going to be the death of me. All day Sunday, she would not leave me alone about losing it to Jackson. I kept telling her he wasn't into me in that way and nothing would ever happen because he's my boss. She would ignore my comments and give me tips on what I should and shouldn't do in bed. Wonderful way to make me more nervous for the week to unfold. Stepping out of the shower, I wrapped the towel around me and walked out to find a disaster of clothes. "V what are you doing?!" I ask getting frustrated as to the fact that my room was now a shit storm. "Well I was wanting to make sure that you showed up in something that would make you look irresistible to him and it ended up just as piles all over the room." she says lowering her head, but immediately lifting it back up in a sly grin. "No way am I wearing something of yours." as of which she took offense too. "I'm not a slut so don't sound like it when saying that and secondly you need to impress him so that he'll take you along for other events. Don't you want this?" I sigh and realize that I actually was excited for this trip. I had always just been in the office or in Seattle in general. Yes this was my dream place to live, but I hadn't been on a vacation for a long time. Even if this was for work, it'll be a nice change from just doing paperwork and setting up his meetings. "Fine. I'll wear something of yours, but please make sure it covers my back. I think he already saw it and I'm already embarrassed enough." V sighs and says "Sweetheart, when are you gonna realize that scars are scars. Shit happens and sometimes we can't control that, but please stop thinking you are ugly because of your scars. They aren't who are you. They are just apart of your story." She walks out of the room and sit on the edge of my bed. She has told me that millions of times and every time, I just couldn't bring myself to believe her. All because of a mean girl in high school, I've always hidden my body, too ashamed and scared of others will think of me. Interrupting my train of thought, V came back in with a pair of leggings with a nice white sweater long shirt for my top. She had a pair of leather brown boots to finish. "That's not what he likes me to wear." I say as she sets it on the bed going to my dresser. "Well its a six hour flight, I'm sure he'll be more understanding of how you would like to be comfortable." She pulls out some black lace underwear and the matching bra and sets them down with the outfit and says "When your done changing I'll help you with your hair and makeup." "Can you just help me with my hair? I really don't like wearing a whole lot of make up." I say before she shuts the door. She rolls her eyes and shuts the door. Changing into the set of clothes, I looked in the mirror and actually liked the outfit that was on me. It hug my curves just right. Grabbing socks and slipping the boots on, I walk to V's room and sit in her chair. She brings her hair dryer and curler out and plugs them in. Brushing through my hair, she starts the long process of drying it. After my hair was done, I went back to my room and applied the very little make up I normally wear. Looking in my wall mirror, I like the after math. Grabbing my suit case, my activities bag and my phone, I walk to the living room.  V was sitting on the couch enjoying a bowl of oatmeal when she saw me. "Damn girrl, we cleaned you up nice." We laugh as there was a knock at the door. Opening it, I find Mr. Decklin, Jackson's driver standing there. "Hello Ms. Carpenter, are you ready?" he asks looking down at my bags. I nod and he reaches for my suitcase and bag and take them nicely. V stands to give me a hug and says "Please call when you get to New York and please let me know everything's fine." I laugh and agreed. Shutting the door behind me, I follow Mr. Decklin out to the car to find Jackson leaning against it. "Hello Aivery." he says opening the door for me. "Hi" I say sliding in, in one swift motion. He shuts the door and walks to the other side to get in. And the quietness begins.