Chapter 5

After a long conversation with Violett, I decided to continue to hold my head high and do my job. Getting up the next morning, I put on a pencil skirt with a white long sleeve button up shirt and black high heels. Doing my hair up in it's normal bun and adding a little extra make up to make sure I didn't embarrass Jackson. Grabbing my purse, I head to walk out of my hotel room to meet Jackson downstairs in the lobby. Stepping off the elevator, I immediately saw Jackson in his grey suit and sunglasses. Walking towards him, I tried not to show any emotion to what happened last night and stood in front of him. He raised and eyebrow at me and turned to leave and I followed. Getting into a car, we started our journey to a business office to meet with several of business men that Jackson was excited to begin working with. When we arrived at the office building, Jackson turns to me and says "You have the folder?" I nod and he says "Good. I expect everything in a timely fashion." I nod again and we step out of the vehicle. Following him to the elevator inside, we stepped in and he clicked on a number and we started moving. When we stepped off the elevator, I thought my day at the office was busy and stressful but nothing compared it to what lay ahead of me.

Throughout the day, I had attended several of the meetings and had to attend to meet every one of Jackson's needs, which I swear he took advantage of. I looked like I was a chicken with it's head cut off running around fetching him this and that. I wasn't just his secretary here, I was his slave and I had to do as he pleased. By the end of the day, I had blisters at the bottom of my feet from walking so much in my heels. Collapsing onto the bed, I let my body sink in. Tomorrow there was lunch function that we had to attend and after that, there was a dinner party at one of the business men Jackson was doing business with, house. I was thankful that Violett had let me borrow some of her nice dresses to bring along or I would've stood out. And not in a good way. Standing up and going to my suitcase to change into some pajamas, I take my heels off and grab some band aids from my suitcase as well. Grabbing some purple cotton shorts and my moms old t-shirt, I head to the bathroom to change. After changing, I decide to order delivery since Jackson decided to go out for the night, I was left to fend for myself. Googling through different places in the area that would deliver, I decided on Chinese food and order some sweet and sour chicken with friend rice and egg rolls. Turning on the tv to wait for my order I decided to call my dad. I hadn't heard from him in a couple weeks and wanted to say hi. Picking up almost immediately, I could tell how excited he was to hear from me. "My darling little girl! How are you?" "I'm alright dad. How are things at the office?" My dad worked for a company that did telemarketing and credit cards. He wasn't rich but he wasn't poor either. "Same old same old. Boring business meetings and such. How's Seattle treating you and V?" That I didn't know how to answer. I loved it, but with this job, I wanted so much more, but couldn't afford to lose it either. "Same old same old" I say laughing getting him to laugh as well. "OH! Before I forget, Lili's pregnant!" Hearing those words definitely shocked me. After mom died, dad moved on a few months later saying 'your mother would've wanted me to be happy' bullshit. Lili was nice and all, but she didn't like my dad helping me and brother out if we ever needed it. She would say 'well my son needs this before we can do that.' She didn't like that my father favored his own children more then hers which is ridiculous but oh well. "That's great dad." Knowing that my brother and I and my two stepbrothers were going to be cast aside. "Honey, I know that you and lili don't get along but this baby will be good for us." Really regretting this decision to call, I'm saved by the knocking of the door. "Hey dad, someone's at the door. I love you and congrats." I say standing up and hanging up. Grabbing my wallet, I walk to the door and answer to the smell of the amazing chinese food I ordered. "That'll be twenty two dollars ma'am." the guy says smiling. Handing up thirty, I say "Keep the change." His smile widens as he hands me my food and I shut the door to go indulge into the delicious food. Sitting down at the desk, I turn the tv to channel USA to watch NCIS. Eating my food and watching the show, my body finally fell limp and relaxed from the very stressful day. I was not looking forward to tomorrow.