Chapter 8

The next two days were jam packed and busy. Jackson had to close off a deal with one of his investors that was being stubborn and wanted every single detail on the whole project, which Jackson wasn't willing to give. He gave specific details enough and wasn't going to be giving the whole lot, just for his ideas to used elsewhere. Finally getting him to sign, we were able to leave for home on time. Boarding the jet, Jackson sits down next to me this time and says "Hold my hand during take off." Buckling my seat belt, I pulled my legs up to my chest and tried to breathe. Jackson started stroking my back and leaned back in his seat. I hadn't told him about the mysterious text from someone unknown. I didn't know how too. He'd be pissed and if he found out, he would be even more pissed that I'd been hiding this from him. I didn't know how to tell him. Hearing the captain say "Ready for take off" made my body go tense. Jackson grabbed my hand and pulled me towards him. Leaning into his chest, I tried to calm my breathing, but it wasn't going well. "Calm down baby girl. I've got you." he whispers kissing the top of my head. Feeling the jet start moving, I forced my face into Jackson's chest. He laughed and wrapped his arms around me, trying to comfort me. When we were in the air, I finally relaxed a bit, sitting myself up in my chair. Jackson unbuckled himself and then me and pulled me into his lap, making sure the flight attendant wasn't around. Resting my head on his chest, I listened to his heart beat and his breathing, which made my body relax. This man had me feeling all sorts of crazy. Ever since I had sex with him, my emotions were heightened and I didn't know how to bring them down. "Better baby girl?" he asks as I look up at him. I nod and he gives me a quick kiss. Sitting here for a few minutes, I sit up and ask "what made you decide you wanted to work on a relationship with me? Those girls you are with normally are way prettier than me." Looking like he was thinking, he began "It's much more then your looks. You have a beautiful personality. I've never had someone in my life so genuine as you besides my baby sister. Because of this, you are beautiful on its own. Your looks are a bonus. Your soft lips, baby blue eyes and your cute little freckles. You are beautiful Aivery." He kisses my forehead and I ponder at what he said. "Just trust me baby." he says laying me back down onto his chest. "Okay." Letting myself fall into a deep sleep, all I could hear was Jackson asking "Are you okay?"

Waking up in my seat, I found Jackson on his laptop across from me. Looking up he saw me waking up and closed his laptop, saying "Hey beautiful girl". Smiling at him, I began to stretch and noticed a bag of sour gummies and sour patch watermelons on the tray in front of me. Quickly grabbing them, Jackson laughs and says "After I watched you destroy a bag that day at the hospital, I figured you might enjoy some when you woke up." Coming and sitting next to me, I ask him "How much longer do we have left?" Stealing a gummy, he responds with "About an hour."  Looking in shock, realizing I slept for five hours, Jackson grabbed his glass of whiskey and said "You must've been really tired after this week." Continuing my silent attack on the delicious candy, I thought about everything that had happened over the week. I went to the hospital, lost my virginity and gained a very hot boyfriend. Remembering the text, I pondered on if and how I should tell Jackson. How mad would he be that I hadn't told him as soon as I got it? How mad would he be that someone was threatening me? As if reading my face, Jackson looks at me and says "Everything okay?" Pulling out my phone, I decide to let him see the text. As soon as he read it, he stood up and threw my phone down into the seat. "You got this yesterday, Why didn't you tell me then?" Looking down, he instantly pulled my chin up and I said "I didn't want you to be upset." he scoffed and put his hand in his hair. "When we land, I'll be making a call. From now on, you will have a bodyguard." "But Jackson, won't it look suspicious if I get a bodyguard now all of a sudden?" looking down at me he considered what I was saying and continued to pace in front of me. "I'll have one for you, but he will be following from a distance. No one will ever know." Finally sitting down again, he kissed the top of my head and buckled himself in. Doing the same, I lifted my legs to my chest and Jackson grabbed my hand.