epilogue

listen to anywhere but here by mayday parade to get the full feeling effect (;

~2 years later~

ashtons pov

goodbye."

i come here to visit luke every weekend with calum and michael. reading his book, ive noticed how much his life was worth. i was mad. i really was. but i was also devastated. i had lost my best friend. michael had attempted taking his life way too many times, so many that hes in a mental institution for suicidal attempts. calums severely depressed, and me? well ive been self harming since luke was announced dead by suicide. but i would take michael and calum here, and we would just go through lukes journal, pin pointing all the great things in his life. we would then visit lukes family. and zack? he passed away from alcohol poisoning not to long after lukes passing. liz wanted to throw out all of lukes stuff. but i insisted on keeping it all for memory. when im feeling sad, i would hug lukes penguin jumper. it smelled like him. all of his stuff smelled like him. but what killed me the most was when i found the extra key to his house. i walked into his room. his book was wide open. it had his suicide note. and every other aspect of his life. but there he was. not breathing. i called an ambulance and fell by him. but what hurt the most is that he took his life at 17. his birthday. but i will never let him down. he wouldnt want me to take my life.

on july 16, 2013, we not only lost our lead singer, but we also lost our best friend.

rock in peace, luke robert hemmings.

~~~

if you didn't understand the epilogue, basically every chapter was an entry in lukes diary journal thing (which was the plot twist, this whole book was lukes journal). after luke took his life, ashton kept his journal and read it to him every weekend with calum and michael. if you cried as much as i did writing this chapter im sorry and ilysm.

this book is finally over and i loved writing this.