29

Regina has stayed in Boston for a week. She didn't plan on it but with her mother's condition she stayed. She would have to leave soon for work but was making sure Donna was ok. Regina was led down next to her mother on the hospital bed.

"Can I ask you something" she says softly.

"Yes dear" Donna replied.

"Do you know your my mum"

"Yeah"

"You do? The other day you didn't know" Regina asked confused.

"Well you call me mum so I guess I can be your mum if you want me to" she says looking at Regina.

"I love you mum"

"I love you too" Donna replied.

"But you... but do you know who I am though" Regina asked.

"Umm... Regina"

"Yes mum. That's right I am Regina" the brunette says smiling proudly at her mum.

"Well I love Regina. Didn't I name you Regina" Donna says smiling.

"Yes mum" Regina smiled.

"And I love Regina"

"I love you too mum. I love you so much" Regina admits as she cuddled up to her mum.

"Sometimes my brain will be going crazy to remember and I'm just like what the hell am I thinking about" Donna says laughing making Regina giggle.

"what you thinking about now mum"

"Well I'm loving you"

"I'm loving you too mum" Regina smiled.

"Ow isn't this wonderful" Donna says smiling brightly.

"Yes it is"

Regina kissed her mums cheek and cuddled closer to her. She smiled as all the bad memories of them together faded away and all that was left was the good. Regina then started to think about her mother's condition.

After an hour of talking and cuddling Regina pulled her dad outside to talk.

"What's wrong" he asked.

"What's going to happen to her? She's going to loose all her memories and then what" Regina asked not sure if she wanted the answer.

"She will pass away Regina. You know that"

"But is here a way to save her that's what I'm asking" Regina cut in.

"No sweetie. I'm really sorry about what happened and I know your mum is"

"No dad I'm sorry. I'm sorry for forgiving mum easily and not you. It's not just the condition but it's because i looked up to you as a kid" she says tearing up.

"I'm sorry I didn't support you" he replied softly.

"I love you dad. I don't want mum to die" she says letting a few tears go.

The older man pulled her into a hug and she started crying more. Last week she didn't care about these two people and now she wants them both back. No matter how hard she tried. A love between a daughter and a parents is the strongest true love possible. Regina pulled away and waited her tears. She looked up at him with a face full of sadness.

"It's ok. She will never truly forget the greatest miracle in her life" he softly says.

"How long does she have" she asked with a cracked voice.

"I'm not sure. It was going fast at first but now it's slowed down. They will give me a warning when she is close to completely forgetting"

"Will you tell me when that is? I have to go home soon"

"I know. You have a job and family to worry about. I will call you as soon as they tell me" he quickly replied.

"Thank you. Ow and Emma is a nice girl. You asked on the way here. She's the love of my life. Nothing like robin and I know she wouldn't hurt me" Regina says smiling softly at him.

"I'm glad your happy. Now go tell your mum that" he says smiling.

"I will. Thank you dad" she softly replied.

Regina walked back into the room where her mother was. They cuddled back up together and ended up falling asleep. Mikel looked at them and smiled softly. The memories from when Regina was a child flooded back into his mind. All the horrible years apart floater away and Regina was back to being that 16 year old girl who they loved to tease. A tear left his eyes as he realised this will be ending very soon. His daughter was going to be moving away and his one true love will forget him and die. His heart broke as he looked down and away from them.

"I could have done more for you both" he whispered ashamed of how he lived his life.