Chapter 4: Real Monel

Joan's POV

I lost my husband in a car accident. He was my world. My sun. My air. When I saw him lying on his coffin, my world crumbled right under my feet. I cannot breathe. I just lose the one reason why I am living in this forsaken world. I was abused when I was kid by my own parents, no relatives to run to and no friends to confide it. It was like that until high school. I decided to work and study hard so I can save up enough money and apply for scholarship in college. I left town and never looked back. I had enough money for living expenses until I get a part time job or apply for dormitory. 

I met him on my second year in college. When I saw him, it was like he came out from a magazine. He was surrounded by college girls as if they lining up for them to get laid by this beautiful creature. I was not that pretty but if I paid more attention to my own appearances I can compare myself to a movie actress in a famous rom-com movie. I don't care about on how I look or how others see me for I focus on working hard, finish this medicine course, find a good hospital and live well. I was eating my lunch, when a large crowd approached my table then I saw him sitting in front of me, smiling. I was surprised but I ignored him instead for I do not want to draw attention for I want a peaceful life. 

He asked for my name but I did not answer. I know that I need to get away from this guy for I cannot have a distraction for I have a goal set in my life. I finished my lunch as fast as I can and left him there with all his fans. I can hear whispers or murmurs as they cuss me under their breath. I don't give a damn. I thought if I keep on ignoring him and his fan club, he will leave me alone but he was persistent. Then one afternoon, he cornered me at the front gate of the school as I head to my part time job in a convenience store nearby.

Monel: Hi, your name is Joan, right?

Joan: Yeah, how did you know?

Monel: I asked people around, you know connections.

Joan: Connections? Seriously, that won't work on me. If you excuse me, I need to get to my part time job.

Monel: I am just kidding. Can I come with you?

Joan: On my part time job? Go ahead if you please.

Monel: Then it's a date!

Joan: Whatever.

Ever since that day, he will always wait for me at the entrance and walked with me. He also accompanied me to my part time jobs and he see it as a date. He always give me one rose per day and treat me to affordable restaurants which sometimes I can buy my food in my budget range. He really did some research on me. It was like for a year with his persistency, he started to grow on me. I can feel that I am falling in love with this guy. He didn't do much but he was patient and unexpectedly simple and humble guy aside from his incredible charisma and handsomeness like BTS or Rain. I told him about my past how I was abused my own parents and how I decided that I want to live on my own. I even told him about my goals in life. He was there, just listening and not asking anything in return. He hugged me and gave me a reassuring warmth that make me feel safe and calm. 

On the Christmas eve and I was given a day off to my part time job, we went to the mall where a ginormous Christmas tree is displayed at the center with beautiful Christmas lights hanged on the ceilings and Christmas gifts as a decor at the bottom of the tree and  mistletoe at the every four corners near theChristmas tree as if we are walking on a park. We got in the middle near the Christmas tree when he suddenly kneeled on the floor while holding my hands. 

Monel: I know that I did not do much but accompany you in your part time job and treat you good food. I listened to your life stories that made me fall hard for you. You have been strong and brave woman for you have taken good care of yourself on your own. Sometimes, I feel that you were lonely and need someone to depend on. You need some to take good care of you for once in a while. Joan, can I be that someone? Can you be my girl?