Chapter 9: Bestfriends

Monel's POV

Wayo? Wayo? Wayo? Who are you really? Why are you looking at me like that as if you saw some ghost? Why do you look that you are about to cry? I saw the twins running towards him as he knelt down to catch their embrace. 

I was looking at him and wondering how could a beautiful person like this know me. But compared to Kittinan, he is someone who is naive, gentle and demure. Kittinan on the other hand, is more sophisticated, independent and feisty. I tried to figure who he might be in my life. Was he my ex-boyfriend? Or was he someone more precious than that? 

As he embrace the twins, his gaze was focused on me. He is still trying to figure out how to react or how he'll face me. Kim looked at me to Wayo, back and forth. He figured out the awkwardness between us two. 

Kim: Uncle Wayo, daddy has an illness that affected his memories. So, he might not remember you like me, Cop and mommy. Don't be sad uncle. Uncle Forth has a plan how to make him remember us all.

Wayo: Is that so? Then, can you share your plan with me?

Kim: But uncle Forth said that he will tell you once uncle Phana, uncle Beam and mommy are all together. So it's a secret for now.

Cop: Yes! It's a secret!

His phone started ringing and he answered it. He went away for a while and talked over the phone. I took the twins and went to the available seats near us to give him more space. I was watching him from afar trying to figure out who he is in Ming's life.

Kim: Uncle Wayo is your best friend daddy and so is uncle Forth. 

Monel: Oh really, my best friend huh.

Kim: Yes, he is your best friend ever since grade school.

Cop: You and uncle Wayo always talk about your childhood days especially when uncle Wayo had a crush on uncle Phana and you are the first one he told about it. 

Monel: What else did he tell you?

Kim: He also told us about when and how you realize that you are in love with mommy.

Maybe that was the memory that I had back then when I told someone that I have fallen in love with Kittinan. The truth is I am not sure if I am really in love with Kittinan. All I know is that I longed for him and that I miss him so much. If this is not love, then what is it then?

I saw Wayo who seems that he already ended the call. He approached us and still staring at me as if he is trying to convince himself that I was his best friend. My initial thought was I need to comfort him and let him know that even if I am Monel, I am still Ming. Am I? But I know that it will awfully be awkward between us if I did. He sat next to Kim while his stare is fixed on me.

Wayo: So.... What should I call you?

Monel: You can call me Monel.

Wayo: That's your name now huh.

Monel: Yes, for now.

Wayo: For now.. hmmmm

Monel: Yes, until I retrieved my memories back.

Wayo: Were you able to retrieve some?

Monel: Yes.

Wayo: What will be those memories be?

I told him the memories that I was able to retrieve or remember. The time when the twins, Kittinan and I were having a picnic in the nearby park and the time that I told someone, which was him, about falling in love with Kittinan and asking for his approval if it is ok to pursue him in the first place or admitting that I might be a gay since I am undoubtedly attracted to Kittiinan. I was watching his reactions about the memories but I cannot seem to paint it.