Chapter 11: I Love You

Monel's POV

It was one of the longest hours in my life. My kids and I are waiting outside the operating room for almost two hours. Why is taking so long? I hate waiting like this, I feel powerless and useless while waiting for their mommy and for my Kittinan to return. I am praying so desperately. Please come back to me Kittinan. I hugged the twins tightly and they felt the tense that I am feeling. The twins hugged me back.

Kim: Dad, mommy will come back to us.

Cop: Yes. Mommy will like daddy did.

Monel: I know your mommy will return to us.

Wayo approached us and handed me coffee and milk for the twins.

Wayo: Why don't you kids lay down in your mommy's room while waiting for the operation to be done?

Kim: No, uncle. We want to wait with daddy.

Cop: Yes! I want to wait with daddy.

I looked at Wayo and nod at him to let the twins wait with me. I think it is for the best if we wait together so that once Kittinan wakes up, we are all together at his side. Wayo went back where Forth is sitting. After an hour, Phana got out of the operating room. I hope that he is a bearer of good news. We all stood up and approached him.

Phana: We were able to remove the clot successfully.

Monel: Will he be able to wake up?

Phana was reluctant to answer my question. He looked at me and gave me a signal that the kids are still present and it is not wise to answer if they are around. So I looked at Wayo.

Wayo: Hey kids, do you want to come along with me and buy some ice cream?

Kim: But we want to stay.

Cop: Yeah!

I knelt down and looked at the twins as I held them both in my arms and told them.

Monel: Uncle Phana and I will talk some adult stuff so can you please go with your uncle Wayo and have some ice cream? I will make it up to you and buy your favorite cake, ok? Mommy will be fine, I promise.

Kim and Cop: Ok, you promise!

Monel: I promise. I will not go anywhere. Not anymore.

The twins went together with their uncle Wayo and uncle Forth to get some ice cream and I stood up and faced Phana.

Phana: We have successfully removed the clot and his vitals are good.

Monel: And?

Phana: As I informed you hours before the operation, there's a possibility that it might take a while for him to wake up. All we can do is to wait for him to wake up. I know you hate waiting but that is all we can do for now. We just need to be at his side and make him feel that we are all waiting for him.

Monel: Will he be able to feel our presence?

Phana: Yes, believe in him Ming, I mean Monel. He waited for you and believed that you are still alive. I am sure that he will not miss any minute or even a second just to be with you again and with the kids. You have to do the same thing for him.

Monel: Ok, I will.

Phana: I need to get to the reception to process his transfer to his room, and before I forget, sing him a song.

Monel: What song?

Phana: The one you sang at your wedding. Oh, I forgot that you lose your memories. Why don't you and the kids drop by at your house to get your wedding video and some clothes for change since it might take a while for Kitty to wake up.