Chapter 11:

i missed dinner last night. i apparently passed out while crying, after Darry carried me to my room. this is most likely the reason why I'm up now at 12:00 o'clock at night because my stomach decided that i need food now or ill die or something.

i quietly walk out of my room and try not to wake anyone. when i get the kitchen, i realize that the tv was still on. one of the gang members must have crashed here last night.

as i open up the cabinet i feel two big warm hands grab my waist. i turn around so fast i think i hit whoever it was with my hair. oops.

"well good morning" the voice of what sounds like Dallas Winston says through the darkness.

"wow, this is amazing" i say

"what?" he asks confused.

"that you're not passed out cold on the couch suffering from a major hangover" i reply in a sassy tone.

i walk away from him and grab an apple off the counter and take a big bite out of it.

"you know, you are the prettiest broad I've ever met" dally says in a comfortable tone and leans on the counter next to me.

"then you must have met only a very small amount of em' cause I'm defiantly not what one would call 'pretty'" i laugh, but the weird thing is, is that Dally doesn't laugh like he normally would. he looked straight at me and just stared for a moment.

"how could you even say that" he says in a deep voice, making goosebumps appear all over my arms and legs.

"well it's true" i say staring right back at him.

"Riley, when i look at you beauty is all i see" Dally says sincerely.

"dally are you drunk?" i ask and try to smell his breath.

"what? no I'm not drunk. you see Riley, i have feelings for you, real feelings that i just cant get rid of. i don't know why i have them and honestly i don't even want them but i do. when i see you reading on the couch or just watching tv with the rest of the gang, i just want to get up and kiss you and tell you i love you over and over again because i do. i really do. and today when i say you crying i felt like i was gonna die or somethin. i don't even know. but i just want you to know that i love you, i love you so much and i always will"

after those words left his mouth i was frozen. i couldn't move i could't speak, i couldn't think. this wasn't a joke. this wasn't a dream, and this isn't April fools day. Dallas Winston just told me he loved me and i'm standing here like an idiot trying to work up the courage to say something without passing out.

"i-i don't know what to say" i stutter taking a step back.

"then don't say anything" he says and kisses me so tenderly i though i might collapse. i instantly kiss back letting him touch me the way i never thought id let Dallas winston touch me.

it felt so wrong to be with him, but at the same time it felt so right. i never wanted to let him go.

i had no idea i felt this way about him until now. i finally got to see the soft side of Dally and personally, i think its the best side he's ever had.