Chapter Two

A/N: I'm the worst author in the world. I can't believe I'm actually continuing this story. Hasn't it been close to a year? Oh yeah, go ahead and give the first place trophy for "Awful Authors that make you wait months for the next CHAPTER" to me. What do you mean there's no such thing? Can I at least have a ribbon? Are you serious, they don't make ribbons for awful authors? I feel like I should at least get some recognition. Maybe a sign or something. Yeah, a sign will be nice. Let's go ahead with the story.

//Recap//

When recess came, I prepared myself to show my friends my powers. My parents told me all about the powers I would get ever since I was three. They told me my powers would appear around the ages of 8-10. I'm glad I got my powers early, that way I can practice. I knew all I would have to do was move a small piece of Earth to convince them. What I didn't know was that I was capable of much more.

//Recap over//

Emma and Aliza were standing in the corner of the playground, waiting for me to come out. I had been held back because of a "missing" worksheet, meaning the teacher messed up and lost my paper. It turned out for the best. I got more time to prepare for what I was going to do, and you know, not look like an idiot. I quickly approached my two friends.

 "You better not be lying like last time.", Aliza sneered.

 Emma smirked at her statement while I turned red at the reminder. To be fair, I was only five when that happened. It was the first time my parents actually went in depth about my powers. They explained that a special man had made it possible for me to have control of the Earth. They would never tell me who this "special man" actually was, which made me believe that they didn't even know themselves. They did tell me that between the ages of eight and ten, would it be revealed if I could move the Earth. Yes, "if". There was a slight chance that I might not get my powers at all. If you haven't connected the dots yet, that didn't happen. 

Can you really blame five year old me for getting a little excited about the chance of powers? This lead me to slightly hint at my friends that I have control over the Earth. They were a lot more trusting back then, than they were now. Then again, we were only five. I bet you could have told us the clouds are made up of marshmallows and we would have believed you. Anyway, long story short, I made a fool of myself doing this strange interpretive dance with the hopes the Earth would respond. It did not. 

This time I wasn't lying. I had moved a piece of the Earth earlier this morning. Aerith, my sister, was being extremely annoying that day. I'm 93% sure she woke up with the intentions of getting me to rip my hair out before we even reached school. She was going on and on about this project she had. I don't remember exactly what it was, but I can assure you that it was probably boring. She was already close to making me snap, but the line crosser was when she started to talk about my powers.

"You know, I hope you don't even get your powers.", she said casually.

"What? Why not!", I practically sputtered out, already stopping in my tracks.

"Because", she drawled out, "They will be too much work for you. We both know how lazy you are."

"Am not!", I shouted at her. 

"Are too! Just this morning you used your foot to try to turn the tv on because 'your arm just couldn't reach that far'. Give me a break. You don't even deserve to have the chance to get powers."

"I'm more worthy than you! You didn't even have the chance for powers unlike me. Maybe the 'special man' didn't think you were good enough.", I angrily snapped back.