Chapter 1

"Mister Stark,"

No, no, no,

"I don't feel so good."

Not Peter, god, please not Peter.

The kid stumbled towards Tony, falling into his arms. Tony fought back the tears, trying to stay strong.

"You're OK kid." Tony lied.

It all happens in a blur, Peters final words being "I'm sorry." Tony let his head fall in his hands. The best kid in the world, and he was apologizing? Then Tony remembered. He remembered telling him he would blame himself for Peter's death, remembered telling him sorry doesn't cut it. He let the tears fall from his face. He had begged Pepper for a kid, and he hadn't noticed he had one with him all along.

"He did it." Nebula said, her face solemn.

Tony couldn't think, he felt like his heart had been ripped from his chest. It was the most pain he had ever felt, worse than Afghanistan, worse than Pepper falling into the fire, worse than watching his parents murdered in front of his face. The universe knew he would have gladly died to save the world, so to punish him, he had killed the one thing he couldn't live without.

"Stark," Nebula snapped him from his thoughts "Where do we go now?"

"Earth."

"I'm not familiar with that planet."

"It's the planet Quill was from." Tony spat out the name, remembering how he had ruined everything.

"Terra?" She pondered.

"Sure, let's go with that." Tony tried to stand, but the stabbing pain in his side made him fall down in nausea. He remembered Thanos stabbing his stomach. Nebula caught his arm and helped him limp over to the guardian's ship.

He passed out as she slumped him over a passengers chair.