Chapter 2

"Can't stop the feeling! So just dance, dance, dance," Peter tapped two wrenches on the table as he sang the song, his earbuds nestled in his messy brown hair.

Tony sighed while he fidgeted with his iron man suit, "Are you ever going to stop singing that song?" he had said it sarcastically, but deep down he enjoyed seeing Peter happy.

"I thought you liked the song Mr. Stark," Peter whined, pulling his earbuds out, "but if you don't want to hear it I can put it away."

"No Peter," Tony got up from his chair. "What are you working on anyway?" Tony asked him, trying to change the subject.

Peter's face lit up as he started to excitedly explain what he was working on. "I'm working on a robot for a class! It's supposed to go into burning buildings to save people instead of firefighters."

Tony was so proud, Peter was the best kid on the planet, he was sure of it.

"Nice work, kid." He patted Peter on the shoulder and ruffled his hair. They worked on the robot together through the night, not noticing how much time had passed until May came to pick him up. At noon the next day.

"Stark," Tony heard a voice coming from somewhere. "Stark," it was louder this time.

"STARK!" he woke with a start, Nebula shaking his shoulder. Tony immediately missed the dream, he remembered that day. A favorite of his.

"Are we there?" He questioned, his side still burning from the stab wound. His web fluid bandage he had developed with Peter was starting to open up again.

"No," Her voice was monotone, "there is a problem, I need you to fix it. The jumping port is jammed, we need to try and repair it or we will not get to Terra for a long time."

"Let's get started then," He moaned when he tried to get out of his chair, and ended up stumbling over to the port. This was going to be a long trip.