Chapter 8

They still had a long way to go before they were fully merged with each other, but it was clear to the others that at least Shiro and Lance were getting a bit closer in their relationship then they had before.

If they would just fucking stay in the same room together.

Keith didn't know how much longer he could watch them bump into each other in the halls of in the kitchen and awkwardly stutter and blush their way away from each other. He honestly wanted to bang his head on the counter. Or maybe their heads into the counter. Maybe they would jump up to defend each other. Yes. Next time, Shiro's head was meeting granite.

Fortunately, the plan to slam Shiro into a counter was interrupted by an emergency transmission by a nearby planet. Although they tried their hardest to stay out of harm's way, they couldn't exactly ignore a planet's plea for help and immediately flew out. It wasn't long until they were on the ground aiding in evacuation and ground fighting.

Allura and Coran kept their eye on the action from the Castle, carefully sending out instructions to the paladins. As they canvassed the area, they saw Lance and Shiro facing off against a group of Galra soldiers, as the group pushed closer, it forced Lance and Shiro closer together until their backs were pressed against each other. They glanced over their shoulders at each other before smirking and lashing out against the soldiers.

They moved perfectly in sync as if they had been fighting together their whole lives. As Allura and Coran watched in awe, they spun around each other, punches and kicks flying over each other's back as they ducked. With a grin, Shiro picked Lance up and spun him around the circle of enemies, Lance kicking them away.

They let out laughs of joy as they easily beat the soldiers back forcing them to retreat. They chased them away from the city until they were escaping to their ships. As they disappeared from the atmosphere, they turned to each other wide smiles on their faces. There was only a slight hesitation from Shiro before he scooped Lance up into a hug, his hand going behind Lance's head to press it into his shoulder. With a small laugh, Lance wrapped his arms around Shiro's back and squeezed comfortably.

"Good God finally," Keith's voice huffed over the coms. With a blush, they jumped apart and started stuttering out apologies and explanations to each other.

"Aw Keith, you just ruined it," Hunk complained.

"At least it's a step forward," Pidge added.

"Can you please stop?" Lance whined with a blush as the two of them started heading back towards the Castle.

There was a moment of complete silence.

"cAn YoU pLeAsE StOp?," she mocked. Shiro let out a snort and covered his mouth. Lance let out a gasp and gave him a blinding smile.

"We've got another spicy memelord on board,"

"No!"

"Yes!"

"No!" Shiro argued with a wave of his arms. Lance turned to him with a pout.

"Why don't you want to enjoy the spice with me?"

Shiro looked at him with dead eyes before spinning around, "I'm leaving,"

Lance choked out a laugh and ran after him, jumping up and latching onto Shiro's back.

"Do they even fucking realize?" Keith droned. At his sides, both Pidge and Hunk shook their heads with a small sigh.

"Of course not,"

~~~~~

He laid gasping against the cold floor of the hangers, hands pressed against the wound in his stomach.