Our story

It all started the year before jason blossoms untimely murder. We were just normal kids, well as normal as a beanie wearing weirdo and a artistic nobody can be. Me and Y/N were best friends, we still are now, to some extent. But sitting across from her now watching her sip a milkshake, her glistening eyes glancing at her page as her pencil skates across her open sketch book; her ears honed into the sound of my keystrokes I am reminded of how it all began.

Two years ago now I was sat drinking coffee on a late night at pop's contemplating how peaceful our little town was when the door swung open catching my attention. A girl walked in her hair gleeming with the raindrops that had caught in it. She shook her head a little releasing the trickles of water and shrugging off her coat she approached the bar.  Of course being me I was intreaged as to who this girl was, standing in Pop's in her black jeans with some paint spattered on them, i watched as she adjusted the loose emerald green t-shirt and grabbed the chocolate milkshake she had ordered. Thanking pop's she sat at a booth giving me a perfect view of the new girl.

The next night she came in again ordered the same milkshake, sat in the same booth and pulled out her sketch book. The next night she did the same thing but I smiled to myself knowing it was monday tommorrow meaning I would be able to ask Betty about her after the tour of the school.

The next day I saw her walk in school, she looked like a lost puppy her big eyes exploring the busy halls looking around for someone, I smirked slightly as she adjusted to the large halls moving closer to me until betty stoppef her. I watched as betty guided her through the halls Kevin tagging along telling her all the information she needed.

Later at lunch betty brought her over to our table me, Kevin and archie looked up at the pair expectantly.
"Guy this is Y/N." Betty announced gesturing to  Y/N she smiled timidly and waved betty practically shoved her down on the table opposite me and I introduced myself,
"Hi Y/N this is archie and I'm Jughead Jones the third." I smirked as she chuckled
"I was just calling you beanie boy, nice to ofically meet you." She said referring to the night's at pop's looks like I wasn't the only one staring.

From that point onward we became great friends, she would sit opposite me in the booth at pop's, we would be the last two there. She would sketch but never show me the book.

Until one night the year jason died, we were the last two there, I was eating fries and typing on my laptop writing the story of all our adventures. When all of a sudden she cleared her throat and I looked up. She was looking awkward and I closed my laptop and grabbed her hand.
"What's up Y/N why are you blushing?" I chuckled.
"I umm.. umm" she stuttered and fumbled with her sketchbook. At that point I realised she wasn't going to spit it out so I pulled the sketch book out from her grip and watched her eyes widen in horror as I flicked through it.

The battered book was filled to the brim with sketches of me, I smiled as I flicked through them some of when i was eating, writing, one of me as sherlock holmes with archie as my bumbling sidekick. Once i had looked at all the pages I smiled at her watching as she fiddled with her baby hairs trying not to make eye contact in that moment i realised my best friend, the girl i liked, liked me back.

And now today as I finished typing out our story so far I looked at her drawing us holding hands in our serpent jackets and I smiled. I reached over to her and moved her hair out of her eyes pulling her attention to me. I smirked once more as she looked at me the same way she always did, the stars captured in her eyes and I said what I needed to say...

"I love you Y/N"  she looked shocked but soon smiled held my hand and pulled me in for a gentle kiss before she met my gaze and whispered carefully,
"I love you too jughead"

I had met my match, my soulmate and it all started on a cold night at pop's.