sweetpea- protector

You, toni and fangs wandered into riverdale high, the school you had all been forced to attend. It wasn't too bad, you three, your long term boyfriend sweetpea and a few other serpents were all still together. Away from the goulies. Jughead was here to but he wasn't a great friend of yours.

You, toni and fangs had been desperately searching for sweetpea, he had said he would meet you at school and it wasn't like him to be late. The first bell rang and you and fangs shared a worried look but toni elbowed you both,
"It's fine he probably slept in guys!" She exclaimed dragging you to French.

An hour and a lot of awkward comments later you were sat on the counter in the student room, laughing with toni about something jughead had done at the wyrm earlier in the week,
"And then when he fell!" Toni said through tears of laughter. You were laughing yourself- or at least you were until Reggie Mantle placed his hands either side of you on the counter.

"Well hello there gorgeous," he flirted, making you laugh dryly.
"God Mantle, I may have only been here 3 days but surely even you know by know I have a boyfriend."
"That serpent?" He also laughed, "Nah, come on Y/N you know you want a real man like me."
You snorted almost slipping off the counter because of it, yes mantle was well built, he didn't have the glistening brown eyes of Sweetpea that captivated me everytime I stared into them. Nor was he even a bit as kind or even as handsome. Sweetpea was rugged and smelt so damn amazing, like pine. Breaking your daydream you snarled at Reggie,
"Sweetpea is more of a man then you will ever be Mantle."

"Y/N, Y/N, Y/N." He began looking irritated at my statement, placing his arms tighter on your hips as your face turned sour and you heard Toni take a deep breath.
"Have I told you how attractive you look now you haven't got that manky jacket slung across your shoulders." You practically growled when he said that. There was a lot you took fron the Northsiders but insulting the serpents wasn't one of them.

"Shame you can't take off your crappy personality mantle" you spat making him throw his head back,
"You have fire, Y/N" he snarled placing a hand on your thigh making you shudder and horrible memories flood back.
"Reggie get off me," you spoke quieter than usual and Toni noticed, you were usually so badass so to see you squirming nervously under a Bulldog's grip wasn't what anyone was used to.
"I don't think so sugar." He began, moving his hand up slightly,
"You could do so much better than that serpent." He spoke again, capturing your arms as you went to hit him. You felt powerless yet you shook your head at Toni warning her not to get involved.

"Get your flea-bitten hands off my Girl bulldog" you suddenly heard from the doorway. You looked up, feeling tears building up in your eyes only to see him, your hero,
"Sweetpea" you whispered.

Sweetpeas POV

I walked into school late, already annoyed as FP had been yelling at me for hitting Jughead. In my defense the punk deserved it.
"Fogarty!" I yelled seeing my friend walking towards me. When I noticed the annoyed look on his face my expression changed,
"What's happening bro?"
"Y/N" he mumbled and led me to the student room.  All I saw was red, Mantle had Y/N pinned to the countertop where she was sat, Topaz was pale and looked panicked.

I couldn't hold back my roar of fury,
"Get your flea-bitten hands off my Girl bulldog!" I growled entering the room properly. Y/N's gorgeous eyes met mine and she whispered,
"Sweetpea"
"Nah mate, she was just telling me how much more of a man I was than you." He chuckled, I cracked my knuckles laughing heartily before shooting a reassuring glance at Y/N as I said,
"Of course she did mantle"

Then he moved his hand higher and brushed the very top of her thighs making her shiver involuntarily. That was it. I pounced, ripping him off her and punching and punching him. Y/N was trying to calm me down but I was not ready for it. I kept punching him until Fangs pulled me away, I turned rage still burning in my eyes, ready to kill Fangs for interrupting me. But then my eyes met hers, Y/N.
"Babe, I'm sorry" she mumbled, knowing I was overprotective of her, she blamed herself for setting off my anger.
"Love, you have nothing to be sorry for." I spoke softly, as I pulled her into a hug. She was still shaking slightly setting me off once more but the Bulldog's had already yanked Mantle out of the room before I could finish him off properly.

"I am so sorry I was late Y/N. I shouldn't have hit him so much. It just scared me. What if you were leaving me for him?" I spoke, watching as she caressed my face,
"Pea, I wouldn't leave you for anyone. You and me? We belong together ok. Thank you for protecting me." She whispered as she burrowed her head into my chest feeling the warmth of my body against hers.

"Wanna ditch?" Fogarty asked and we nodded. The rest of the day was spent at the quarry, after a while Y/N had developed her personality once more and she started flirting with another serpent. Toni laughed as a small growl came from my throat and I walked over in a few strides and pulled her close to me with her belt loops, she leant in for a kiss and I accepted.

It would be hard for me to understand. But she didn't need me to protect her all the time. I linked arms with her and we walked around for a while. I looked down at her and smiled,
"I love you Y/N" she looked shocked but soon smiled, she held my gase and mumbled,
"I love you too Pea." We kissed once more and cuddled till the sun fell through the sky. Then I drove her home and lay her next to me in bed.

She was mine, we loved eachother and no flea ridden bulldog was going to change that.

🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍

Hey guys this one is for Neck_The_Tea thanks for all the requests. They are always fab. Hope this imagine is ok, sorry it is a tad short and different to what you requested.

- L x