(15) Owen's Memory

(15)

Owen

I was 6. Already immune to any kind of abuse thrown at me. The memory was faded... but I knew how it happened.

I was on the couch, playing with my dolls. My mother was in the kitchen cooking with some music on. I was happy to smell food. I had just gotten back from my grandmas house and all day we were basically taking care of the animals she had.

"Onika! Your fathers outside!"

"Okay mama!"

I walked over to the door and opened it. I held my Barbie doll close to me as I nervously walked towards his car. He got out of the car and smiled at me. I cringed at his shorts and t-shirt that showed off his muscular body.

"Hey pretty girl."

"D-Daddy. I don't wanna go with you. I barely saw mo-"

"I didn't ask you what you wanted."

"But I barely saw mommy today." I could feel the lump in my throat. I didn't always cry around him and today wouldn't be the day.

"Today is the day you get that thing removed remember?"

"I don't wanna get it removed. They said I could die. I don't wanna die daddy!"

"It's not about what you want... it's about what you need."

"I'm not going," I said. He walked closer to me, his foot stepping on mine. I screeched as I felt the pain. "Ahhhh!! Stop that hurts!" I tried to pull my foot from under his but he only stepped on it harder. It started to get numb and I knew it was broken. He laughed, his eyes were not full of love but of anger and so much more emotions that weren't showing at the time.

My mom came out the door, she immediately pushed him back and picked me up.

"ROBERT! Get away from her! You're fucking crazy. I thought you changed."

"Carol..."

"Don't Carol me! You're stepping on your daughters foot and purpose and I'm pretty sure it's broken!"

"She's refusing to go with me when she knows she HAS too!"

"YOU STUPID N-" She looked at me before continuing what she had to say. "Robert, stop trying to change Onika. Your daughter was born different. Why are you so worried about what she has down there it's not like you'll be looking at it for the rest of your life. You barely even look at mine."

He stared at her before trying to take me from her. "Just let me take her to go get ice cream and I'll bring her back."

"No she's staying here."

"Alright," he says turning around.

Was it that easy... no.

When night time came and I was laying in my bed... he opened my window. Before I knew it, he grabbed me and forced me to go out to his car.

"That appointment is still open babygirl," he whispers harshly in my ear. I cried as he tried to step on my foot again.

"Please no... I'll be good."

"You'll be good Onika? You won't tell mama we're changing you into an actual female?"

"No I won't tell..."

"Good girl."

The drive was long... so long I thought we were in 2 different states. Which we could've been. I could've been exaggerating though. We get out and he grabs my stuffed animal.

"No I need that."

"No you don't Onika you're too old to be carrying this around everywhere with you."

"Okay..."

"Now lets go," he grabs my arm before going into this doctors place.

___

"She can't get the surgery sir. I'm sorry to tell you this." The doctor says.

"WHY?!" he screams.

"Sir calm down. It's just... well let me say this in a way you'll understand it better. Her penis is the main part she uses the most so if we get rid of that... she'll have complications and could potentially die in the healing process... IF we actually did the surgery."

"I'm willing to take that chance."

"No daddy please I don't wanna die..." I whispered.

"We can't allow that surgery to happen sweetie. You won't die."

"Well someone else will. I'm leaving," he threw his hands up before leaving the room.

"You okay?" The doctor asks me.

"I-I don't like daddy."

"Do you want us to call your mama?"

"Please, my daddy is gonna hurts me."

--

--

This is something for you guys. I hope you like the chapter I didn't proofread it. It's not over, next part will be a continuation.

Anyway, so Onika has this memory.... and is explaining it.

What did you think? (Get into detail)

What do you think of her father?

How her mother handled the situation?

Her broken/bruised foot?

The doctor?

Surgery?

~Daddy