Chapter 21

**Emily's POV**

I was in my room sulking after my little ordeal with Nash.

I ached to see Jacob. I needed to look in his eyes and know that he's the one for me.

I looked at my alarm clock to check the time, 5:00pm.

My mum and dad wouldn't be home to about 12:00am because they were out with their friends.

"Perfect" I whispered out loud to myself and smirked.

Now I just needed Jacob.

"Hello?" A unknown voice answered the phone.

"Hello? Who's this where's Jacob?..." I asked extremely confused.

I've never heard that voice before and I wondered who would be answering Jacobs phone?

"It's Matt" he giggled, "you must be Emily, what's up?"

I heard Jacobs voice thankfully in the background at that moment.

I couldn't exactly hear what he said but i know I heard my name and that made my cheeks turn hot and red.

"Emily?"

I instantly knew who's voice that was.

I still got butterflies hearing Jacob say my name.

I wonder if the butterflies would ever go away?

I hope not. I kind of liked them. It reminded me of how much I like Jacob.

"Do you wanna meet up with me?" I asked shyly.

I still got shy talking to him...

I didn't want to embarrass myself, I wanted him to like me obviously.

I swear I could hear Jacob grinning from ear to ear through the phone line.

I giggled to myself.

"Of coarse, meet me at the diner downtown, as long as you don't mind if my friend Matt could possibly tag along?..." He asked questioning his own question.

I told him yes and that id see him soon.

I hung up to phone, ran downstairs and grabbed the house keys.

The diner was a short walk so I figured I would walk there.

I was excited to see Jacob...

There's been something that's been bugging me since we first kissed the other night at Nash's house.

"What were we?"

I was aching to find out.

**Jacob's POV**

I was extremely excited for Em to meet Matt.

The only two majorly significant people in my life will get to meet.

Matt was driving and I was sitting in the passenger seat.

It was pretty cold out for a summer night, but I didn't mind.

I loved the cold weather, it made me feel free, and there's no better feeling.

We pulled in to the parking lot out the front of the diner. I stepped out of the car and as soon as the cold air hit me I felt nervous.

Emily always made me feel nervous... but it was a good kind of nervous...

My cheeks flushed, from the cold or from emotions i'm unsure. Matt eagerly ran into the dinner and I chuckled. I guess he was ecstatic to be back home.

When I walked in the door a rush of warm air smashed into my face, confusing my body. I glanced over at Matt. He was looking at someone In complete awe.

My eyes shifted to where his eyes were intently staring to see who he was checking out.

And just my luck, it was Emily.

I glared at Matt.

I was so distracted by the fact Matt was checking out Emily that I didn't even notice the guy sitting across from Emily.

She was sitting in one of the red booths in the corner, she didn't notice me walk in.

They were both laughing, enjoying each other company.

I couldn't see his face but he kind of looked familiar.

But that didn't matter, it still felt like I had just been stabbed in the heart...

I shouldn't jump to conclusions but I was jealous. Exceptionally jealous.