Explanation

Ruby and you looked at one another, tears were in both your eyes and you both are just stopped and stared at one another. She slowly walks forward a bit and you take a step back. She has more tears in her eyes and dashed towards you. You backed up and rolled forward to get away from her. However, Ruby tackles you onto the bed and pins you down onto it. She hugs you tightly and keeps you in place.

You begin to fight through Ruby's hold but she's keeping you in place. Ruby kisses you and pushed you back onto the bed and runs and gets some bandages. She rushes back to you and wraps some bandages around your wounds and stops the bleeding. She kisses the bandages until you pull your arm away.

(Y/N): Ok, fine, let's go.

Ruby: No! Who did this to you?! Who hurt you? Was it Cardin?!

(Y/N): No, Ruby. Chill out.

Ruby: (Y/N)...please don't tell me you did this to yourself.

You stayed still, completely silent, not moving at all. Ruby grabbed your hand and squeezed it tightly. She looked up towards you with tears streaming down her face as she began to realize who it was that really hurt you.

Ruby: (Y/N)...did you? Do this. To yourself? Tell me.

(Y/N): Ruby-

Ruby: TELL ME!!!

You were startled by Ruby's scream. You reeled back a bit as Ruby pushes back.

Ruby: (Y/N)...please.

(Y/N): Yeah! Ok! I did! I did it. I cut myself. I abuse myself sometimes. I leave you alone because I don't want to hurt you. I'm just...I'm not happy here or anywhere.

Ruby: Why?! Did I do something? Did I hurt you more than I thought? I didn't mean too I just was-

(Y/N): No, no, no, no. You did everything fine. I just...I don't know. I don't know why I can't be happy. Maybe it's because I was abused for so many years. Maybe it was because I'm not used to this life style. Ruby...I don't know why I can't be happy. And I'm scared. I want to be happy, I just...can't.

Ruby looked at you, tears streaming from her eyes. You slowly moved over to her and wrapped your arms around her and hugged her. Ruby moved around and you let go of her so she could move. She pushed you away and you could see she was fully crying now. You couldn't stand it and began to cry as well. You didn't know what to do anymore and you two just hugged one another into a tight embrace. The door the opened and the rest of your team walked inside.

Blake: Are you two ok?

Yang: Or are we-

Yang stopped herself once she saw Ruby crying. Yang looked at her other two teammates and they both shrugged and walked on over. Weiss grabbed Yang's shoulder and stopped her.

Weiss: I'm telling JNPR. You two try to figure out what's going on.

Blake: Right.

Yang nodded and the three went off. Yang and Blake walked over to you two and kneeled down, facing the both of you while Weiss ran back to JNPR's dorm.

Yang: Hey, sis. What happened? What went wrong?

Ruby: (Sniffles) Everything Yang. Everything went wrong.

Blake: (Y/N)?

(Y/N): I'm sorry. I'm just...I'm not strong enough. I can't BE strong enough. I just...I just try and I can't anymore.

Blake: Alright. Come here.

You reached out a bit and Blake took it and joined in the hug. Yang did the same thing and began to wipe tears out of Ruby's eyes. Weiss later entered the room and saw the same thing as well. She sighed and walked on over and saw you and gasped. She saw the cuts the scars. Without a second thought, Weiss leaned down and embraced into the hug as well. The five you just stayed there until the heat was enough to pass you out and you fell asleep in Ruby's arms and passed out on Weiss' bed.

Ruby never bother to let go of you and just let you stayed cuddled up to her arms.

Weiss: Ruby, what has he been doing? What's happening to him?

Ruby: Weiss, I'm scared. I...I don't know what to do for this.

Yang: Well...tell us what happened from start to finish.

Ruby: I'd think he would be-

(Y/N): Yeah. Ok.

Ruby: YOU'RE AWAKE!

(Y/N): Yeah. So, you want to know why all...this?

The girls all nodded and you just sighed, knowing your fate. You explained the situation to them and well...they were more depressed than anything else. You told them about how you never felt truly happy despite everything you all did with one another. You told them how you looked up to Ozpin and Glynda as actual parents. You told them basically everything you could think of at the time that time.

The girls didn't know really what to think on the matter. They all kinda just looked at you with concern, fear, sadness and every other negative emotion you knew. So once again, everyone was at a bypass on what to do. You wanted to continue living your life the way it was while your teammates all demanded you get help that wasn't them. Having a small yet loud argument between you all, it eventually got Team JNPR called into the room.

Of course they sided with RWBY which you were both fine with and not surprised at all. So, everything came down what to do from there. There was suggestions of therapy, psychological evaluations and taking you away to focus on yourself over training and everyone else.

(Y/N): No!

Ruby: No?

(Y/N): I don't know. Maybe a therapist, but guys are NOT taking me away! Just...maybe what you can do is just keep it up. You know. Keep being my friends. Nothing big like parties or celebrations like that. I mean, if you want to that is. I guess if you feel right to send me off-

Ruby: No!

Weiss: Ruby's right. You're our teammate. And I guess, it is in our best interest to help you along. But, medical treatment should be necessary.

Yang: Weiss, it's a hospital with a guy who feels depressed. (She walks over to you and wraps an arm around you) It's better to keep him here then there.

Blake and Ruby walk over to you in support.

Weiss: Alright. (Y/N), is this what you want? To stay here and not go out there?

(Y/N): Yes.

Weiss: Well...ok then. I guess-

Ruby began to hug you and refused to let you go. While the depression wouldn't go away so easily, you knew you had a great team of friends behind you none the less.