Chapter 8 ~ Farewell

• The Princess •

     I hopped back in the carriage, bracing myself for the day long trip ahead.

"You're welcome to come back anytime." Uncle Neb winked and shut the door for me.

"Thank you." I looked down at my cupped hands. I was not looking forward to returning to the cursed castle.

———————

I remember when I found out...

     Just a normal day. I had come back inside from being in the gardens.

A page of aged paper lay in the hallway. Curious, I lifted it and examined the writing.

It was a ripped out page, the corner of which marked what book it belonged to... Curses.

I gasped and crushed the paper in my hand, looking around to see who it belonged to. The hall was empty. I bit my lip and stuffed it in my bag.

I was afraid to ask anyone about it. I didn't want to raise suspicion. The only thing I could think to do was leave the castle immediately. The paper explained that the curse would be connected to whatever building the caster placed it in.

I ran to my mother's chambers afterward, to tell her I wanted to leave. She allowed me, but wouldn't come with me.

Now I must return to the cursed castle. I must tell my mother. I just hoped my mother was still alive...