TheyDontKnowAboutUs5/Divergent

My hands trembled as I sat in my seat in the Erudite crowd, waiting for them to call my name in the Choosing Ceremony. I took a deep breath and looked at my parents. My mother turned around and gave me a peaceful smile. It's really heartbreaking that I can't tell them who I am.

Because I am Divergent. Something extremely rare. I am Erudite, Abnegation, and Dauntless. At least that's what Tori told me after that whole dream thing yesterday.

"Zoe Oliver," pronounced the speaker.

I clenched my jaw and stood up. I smoothed my blue dress and walked down the stairs onto the stage. I picked up the knife and put pressure on my hand, which made a little blood come out. I quenched my hand in a fist and looked at the bowls. Dauntless, Abnegation, Erudite, Candor, and Amity. I moved my hand over the Abnegation bowl. I thought I would probably be safer in Abnegation since I was Divergent, but my eyes wondered to the Dauntless bowl. A realization came over me that I wanted to be free, alive, brave. To not care if I was Divergent or not.

As soon as the blood was about to drip, my drop of blood sizzled on the steaming coals of Dauntless.

Everyone in the Dauntless crowd cheered and rose out of their seats. I smiled, grabbed a napkin to stop the bleeding, and joined in the seats of the brave. I took a small glance at my parents. I saw a tear escape my mother's eye while she wasn't looking at me. I looked away, heavy-hearted.

At the Dauntless Headquarters

I stood in a crowd of Dauntless transfers wondering what to do and where to go until a man about 18 strolls right up to us. He was quite a handsome man I had to admit. His sharp features made him so hot. I mean, I don't have a crush on the guy already, just thought he was, you know, handsome.

He intoduced himself as Four. Four...huh that's not a name you hear a lot. I caught a glance of him looking at me. He continued talking and soon told us to follow him, which we did.

He showed us around the headquarters, the pit, the cafetria, and later the chambers of where we slept.

"So what is this the boy's or girl's room?" I heard a voice say. 

"Both," said Four. Some of them groaned, but most of the boys laughed and gave the eyebrows to each other.

"Man, I'm definitely looking forward to seeing blue girl changing," said one of the boys with dark black hair and had a weird nose. I knew that they were referring to me because I was the only girl who was Erudite in the crowd. The boys cracked up and sneered. My jaw clenched with anger.

"Alright. You have two minutes to change," announced Four as he left the room. Everyone scrambled to a bed and found some clothes. This would be interesting.

Two weeks later at training

 I pulled the trigger and missed the target, again. I was failing at this miserably. I don't know what it was, I was pretty good at everything else except for this. I groaned and shot at the stupid target again, and missed. I was starting to get really frustrated.

"You need to bring up your arms more," I heard a voice behind me say. 

I turned around to see who it was. Four with his hands crossed over his chest. I returned to my regular position, lifted my arms up a bit, and shot again. It was a lot better than the other ones, but this one just skimmed the top of the target. 

I bit my tongue and sighed.

"Here," Four said. 

He came by my side and wrapped his arms around mine, helping me position my gun. His face was right next to mine. I could feel his breath on my cheek.