BellaThurwin/Merlin

"Goodness, Percival! Stay still!" I said as I bandaged up my brother Percival, who was one of King Arthur's knights. He was recently slashed by the blade of a sword of a bandit on his leg. The wound wasn't terrible, but it needed cleaning. We were in Gaius's home, healing him.

"Well, maybe if it weren't so tight, Bela. I wouldn't be fidgeting," he said.

My brother chuckled after he said that and looked at my friend, Merlin. I have hung around Gaius and Merlin a lot ever since my brother became a knight. I helped patients sometimes and have joined Arthur on his dangerous quests. I have thoroughly enjoyed them everytime.

Merlin gave me a grin as he rinsed the bloody washcloth that we used to clean Percival. I exchanged him a giggle and went back to work. Goodness, why does he make me feel so...warm inside. I looked at the brother and he raised an eyebrow. I scowled him and playfully slapped him. 

"Ow," he said. "You know for such a small girl like you, you've got some strength," Percival said. All of us laughed until Arthur came in. He greeted us and asked if Percival was alright.

"He's okay, sire. He just needs rest," Merlin replied.

Arthur nodded and said, "Well, we better get going. Those bandits attacked another of Camelot's villages a while ago and we need to leave. Merlin, come on."

Merlin grabbed a few things while Percival tried to stand up.

"Uh uh uh, what do you think you're doing," I asked as I tried to put him back on the bed.

"Bela, I have to help them," he said as he tried to get past me.

"No, Percival. You stay here," Arthur said.

"Then in my brother's place, I'll come with you," I remarked.

Arthur was speechless for a while until he said, "Excuse me?"

"C'mon Arthur. She may be small," Merlin started saying and he looked at me, "But she is one fiesty girl."

I smiled at him and sternly looked at Arthur.

He sighed and shook his head.

"Fine."

I grinningly thanked him and grabbed a bag of mine.

Out in the village

We stood on a hill over looking the almost half-burned village. The bandits were still destroying some of the homes. Arthur held his sword up in the air as I sat behind him on a white horse. He thrusted his sword towards the village and we charge at the men. I took a glance at Merlin and watched his black hair bounce as he rode. I smiled at how funny he looked.

As soon as we entered the village, the bandits headed straight towards us. While still on my horse, I sliced a man's head off and a few others. I know, horrific right? I saw Arthur and some of his men slaughter a few other bandits. Merlin was also surprisingly handling himself too. All of a sudden a bandit started heading right at Merlin to kill him. 

I whispered a word, my eyes flashed, and the man was pushed back, hitting a brick wall. Yes, I have magic. I was born with it. But no one knows about it, not even my brother. If he knows, probably something horrible would happen to him. And I can't let that happen. He's the only family I got. 

After finishing a man, I quickly hid behind a home and took a few deep breaths. Most of the bandits were gone and there were only a few left. I looked next to me and saw that Merlin was beside me.

"Hey," I said.

"Hey Bela," he panted.

"How are you?"