New Years Day

I spent all of New Years day in my room sulking about the break up. I didn't even tell anyone I was back. I kept on thinking I should text Tony and make thing good again, but at the same time I just wanted to be away from him and forget what happened. Did we still have to share a dorm? Maybe I could go with Bucky and Tony could go with Peter so it wouldn't be awkward. He was coming back tomorrow and we still hadn't spoken about what happened. I finally heard my phone go off and I threw my duvet off quickly to check it but it wasn't Tony. It was Bucky checking up on me.

Buck: Hey Steve, when are you coming back?

Me: I'm already back. We broke up.

Buck: I'm coming over

In a few seconds my door burst open and Bucky bounced onto my bed and put his arm around me. "Steve! You should've told me!" cried Bucky. "What happened?" He was looking around the room at all of the crumpled up tissues all over the place and he shook his head as I told him what happened. 

"And he just kicked you out? Like that?" asked Bucky. I stayed quiet and nodded. I really wanted to cry but, I hated crying in front of people. "Aw Steve. You look really upset." But that was the point I couldn't hold it anymore and I put the duvet up to my eyes and started to break.

"I-I'm sorry," I whimpered. "I d-don't want to talk about it anymore." He made me rest my head against him and he stayed quiet for a few minutes while we just lay there. "Buck you don't have to stay."

"I know... but I want to," he said. 

"How's Natasha?" I asked. I could feel him chuckling and I sat up.

"We're REALLY good," he said. "We finally did it." I hit him in the arm and his face started to blush a bit. "It was really cute."

"How did it happen?" I asked. I finally felt kind of happy. Talking about Natasha was a giant distraction from Tony. 

"It was Christmas, the dorm was empty and we were just getting really close and... well it happened," said Bucky. "I really like her."

"I'm going to go to sleep now. See you tomorrow?" I asked. He left me to be alone and I lay down with the lights off. I finally fell asleep and I slept for hours.

I woke up the next day around midday and the dorm door hand was rustling. I rubbed my eyes and waited for him to walk in. The door opened slowly and Tony walked in nervously. He avoided eye contact with me and I turned my back so I was facing the wall instead of him. There was so much awkwardness and tension between us and we still had a whole day until lessons started again. I slowly turned around and Tony was just sitting at the end of his bed facing the door. He caught me looking in the mirror and he started to sniffle. I knew he was starting to cry but I didn't know what to say.

"Steve?" he said with his voice breaking. I turned all the way around and sat up. "Do you hate me?" I looked into his watering eyes. He still had the bruised head and the cut up lip that made him look really hot. 

"I-I don't hate you. But you really hurt me when you did that," I said. "I just wanted to make you better."

"I know, I know. I'm so sorry. I just wanted to make our first New Year special. I didn't want it to be ruined because of me," said Tony.

"Well it was in the end. You told me to leave," I snapped. "Why would you do that?"

"I don't know. I have no excuse... but I really regretted it afterwards. I hated sleeping alone... I cried all night," said Tony. "I didn't tell my Dad when he came home... I couldn't."

"Tony, I still love you... so so much. But I think we need some time," I said. "All I want right now is to kiss you and... for everything to be good." He took a step closer to me and he put his hand on my cheek. I tried to move my head but he had me in a firm grip.

"We'll see how long you can resist me," said Tony. He had a small smirk when he turned his head and I got back into bed. I wouldn't be tempted by him. Well... I would try not to.