217

Scene 10
_____________

3:34pm, County Prison
____________________________

Sicheng was contentedly reading a novel on Yuta's couch when there was a knock on the door. He huffed in annoyance and put his book down, right when he was getting to the good part. He unlocked the door and opened it, resisting the urge to slam it in the visitor's face.

"Rin's asleep," he said bluntly, already fed up with the old lady.

"I'm not here for Rin, I'm here for you," Irene answered, pushing her way into the house.

"Hopefully you're here to apologize," Sicheng smiled mockingly, sitting as far away from Irene on the couch as possible.

"I believe I have nothing to apologize for." Irene sat down, crossing her legs in the poshest way Sicheng had ever seen.

"Alright, bitch," He mumbled under his breath. "So, what do you want?"

"I'm here to inform you about something."

Sicheng raised an eyebrow, "Go on."

Irene cleared her throat, "If you do not leave by tomorrow, I will call CPS for child endangerment."

Sicheng stared at her, trying to gauge if she was serious or not.

"You do realize your daughter was worse than me, right?"

"Yes, however, she is dead, so she will not be affected. You, on the other hand, will be forced to leave and go back to your brother." Irene smiled smugly, seeing Sichengs terrified face. She had him where she needed him, she just had to put her final plan into action.

"Can you leave, please?" Sicheng shakily asked, his voice wavering from the tears about to fall.

"I think you should be the one to leave. Go back to where you belong, Sicheng. You know you're not good enough to stay here." Irene placed a 'comforting' hand on his arm.

Sicheng slapped her hand away.

"You fucking bitch," he growled, losing his previous patience.

"It's unfortunate Yuta is stuck with you. You must be such a burden. The poor boy can barely keep up with his own son, and he also has to put up with someone who can't even handle his own problems, how unfortunate."

Sicheng put his hands over his ears, blocking out the woman's tormenting words.

"Rin must hate having you around, constantly reminding him of his real mom."

"No, no, stop," Sicheng mumbled weakly, unaware of the people standing near the living room doorway.

"You're just Yuta's replacement, he'll get bored of you soon."

"I said stop!" Sicheng yelled, slapping the woman next to him. The sound echoed around the house, finally breaking Sicheng. That had to have been the lowest he's ever stooped. Sicheng would never hit someone without a reason, but Irene just made him so mad. He sunk to the floor, sobbing into his hands as Irene let out the fakest screams he had ever heard.

"He hit me! He hit me!" She yelled, alerting the people outside. Sicheng was numb inside, he could feel the hands grabbing at him, but he wasn't consciously aware of them. The silver cuffs on his wrist almost felt like heaven to him. He thought he could hear someone talking to him, but his mind was too cloudy to register the words. He thought it was something along the lines of 'assault' and 'endangerment of a child'.

Next thing he knew, he was thrown in a cop car, the lights blinding him and the sound ear-piercing. Irene stood outside, fake tears rolling down her red cheek, explaining to the officer what happened, more than likely dramatizing the story. Sicheng wouldn't even try to play the victim card, he hit a woman and that was that. He couldn't say it was self-defense or that he was provoked, that wouldn't go over well in court. So he sat silently through the car ride, ignoring the cops questions, although he could tell that he felt pity towards him. Sicheng didn't want his pity, he wanted his freedom. He wondered what sick things Irene would say he did when she explained what happened to Yuta.

"Shit, what's he gonna think of me?" Sicheng swore through his tears.

"Who?" The officer asked softly.

"My boyfriend." Sicheng couldn't help but smile, referring to Yuta like that made him genuinely happy, even if he was about to be thrown in a cell.

"Look, kid, we were there, we heard what she said. Unfortunately, we can't arrest someone for speaking their mind, but I will assist you in court if it comes to it."

"Thank you..." Sicheng waited for the officer to tell him his name. He waited for a while before the officer flushed, coughing awkwardly.

"Sorry, it's, uh, Jaehyun." He smiled, his dimpled cheeks making him look unsuitable for a police job.

"Okay, we're here. You'll be in a cell until someone," Jaehyun winked at him, "bails you out or a trial date is put in place."

Sicheng nodded and let Jaehyun lead him out of the car and into the stuffy jail. It smelt of sweat and metal and Sicheng didn't like it at all.

"The cells are by the last name, so can I have yours?" Jaehyun asked as he grabbed a clipboard from the wall.

"Dong," Sicheng answered, glancing around uneasily.

"Don't worry so much, if I'm correct you'll be rooming with a familiar face," Jaehyun reassured him, writing something on the clipboard.

Sicheng looked at him in confusion.

"Kun? It says that you're his brother," Jaehyun replied, noticing Sicheng's face.

Sicheng gulped. He hadn't seen Kun since that night and now he was going to be locked in a cell with him all night. He was totally screwed. Jaehyun grabbed him again, gently pushing him down the row of cells.

"Why is he here?" Sicheng asked timidly.

"He turned himself in for sexual assault, plus one of us pulled him over for DUI."

Sicheng nodded weakly. "Did you guys figure out who he assaulted?"

"Nope, he refused to tell. Drop it now, we're not even allowed to be discussing this."

Sicheng didn't look up until he heard the rattling of keys. He glanced up, straight into his foster brothers threatening eyes. Sicheng could tell he was still totally pissed. Jaehyun removed the cuffs and pushed him in.

"See you tomorrow." He waved, walking back down the hallway. Sicheng sat on the uncomfortable metal bench, avoiding Kun, who was sprawled out on the one across from him. The sun came and went, and still, no words were spoken.

When the first stars were starting to appear and the officers left their vision, Kun finally spoke.

"Karma will always bring you back to me, slut," he spat, crawling over to Sicheng. Sicheng slid down the bench, farther and farther, until he hit the wall. Kun smiled maliciously, placing his hands on the wall behind Sicheng.

"I don't think we ever finished what we started," he purred. Sicheng tried to run again, but Kun finally caught on to his plan and trapped the boy in his arms.

The officers were nowhere to be seen and the prisoners only watched on with lust or pity as Kun did ungodly things to his foster brother. No one could hear his screams in the torturous prison cell of 217.