Chapter 16

Jeremy finally reaches New York and as the first time, Aaron comes to pick him up. Jeremy sees Aaron waiting for him, Aaron says, "Oh hey welcome back buddy." Jeremy smiles at him and says, "Thank you brother."

They both exchange a hug and go towards the car, Jeremy sits in the car while Aaron was putting his stuff in the back. Aaron calls out Jeremy and says, "Hey you sure about this? You sure you don't wanna go back?" Jeremy steps out of the car and says, "Yes I'm sure, I'm here, only for her."

Aaron says, "Well I wish you would've stopped earlier, Well god bless your delusional mind." Jeremy rolls his eyes and lets out a little laugh, "Yeah I hope he does." They both get back in the car and drive off.

They reach Aaron's home, Jeremy pulls out his phone and shows Aaron everything. After seeing all the texts Aaron says, "Oh damn, this is something serious here."

   Jeremy says, "Yeah it's very serious, I mean it resulted in my mom dying." Aaron says, "Man I'm really sorry about your mother, seems like you betrayed someone or something that's why they did it." Jeremy says, "I don't even know who I betrayed."

   Aaron says, "Think Jeremy, think, you must've done something." Jeremy pauses for a second, and says, "I think I kind of know who I betrayed, but what does it have to do with Hannah?".

  Aaron says, "Well, I think they're trying to take things or people who are valuable to you." Jeremy sits still for a second and says, "But what I did was very long ago and it was something really stupid." Aaron says, "Tell me what you did". Jeremy says, "I can't", Aaron says, "Why not though?" Jeremy says, "It's really complicated, and it was some fucked up shit that I did."

    Aaron says, "Well, I'd like to know about this 'fucked up' shit." Jeremy stops for a second and says, "Okay, okay, I'll tell you, it happened about three years ago, in like this abandoned facility where me and my friends were just, you know, hanging around." Aaron says, "Wait, what friends?" Jeremy says, "Older, much older, friends." Aaron says, "Dude, seriously, why would you hang out with much older guys" Jeremy says, "I was stupid, okay, now let me finish, so we were at that facility and we had a boy my age, well he was in my school, we were friends you could say or beat friends, we all were just chilling and smoking, one of my friends was really high at that time and he said, 'the one who jumps over the fence without getting hurt gets a hundred dollars', and well my best friend went for it and got hurt, really bad."

    Aaron says, "Then? What happened?" Jeremy continues, "His clothes got stuck in the old barbed wires and they ripped and he fell into the water below." Aaron says, "Did you rescue him?!" Jeremy says, "Well we thought nobody would come to this abandoned place but there was a security guard there, who heard our voices and was coming. We had to take off because we didn't want to be caught." Aaron asks, "So you didn't save him? And what does this have to do with you?"

   Jeremy says, "Well he was calling me, to help him, but, I didn't, I just cared about not being caught and I left him. It still bothers me that I didn't help because he was my best friend." Aaron, "Did he survive?" Jeremy says, "No, he couldn't swim, he drowned." Aaron says, "What about the security guard? Didn't he try to save him." Jeremy says, "As I said he went over a wall, it was too late."

  Aaron says, "Damn, so you're kind of the killer here." Jeremy says, "Not exactly the killer but, I am guilty for not saving my best friend."

   Aaron says, "Now they're onto you." Jeremy says, "They could've just taken me, why would they take my mom and Hannah." Aaron says, "Well you have to find a way to trace these people."