Chapter 9: The blue lion

As I push the heavy door open I gasp. Entering the store is like falling into the hole of a beast. Everywhere are messy piles of boxes just big enough for a wand.
Without any warning a shrieking, excited voice fills the room.
'Hello young lady, welcome, welcome to Ollivander's. Fine wandmakers.'
The voice belongs to a peculair looking man with a grey beard, brilliant blue eyes and a slightly slobby suit.
'Er...thanks'
'What is the name of this young lady..ooh no, don't say! Let me guess...' his hands clap together and a frown appears on his forehead. Then his look changes from puzzled to delighted.
'Aahh but those dark eyes and snow white hair. A true Malfoy, aren't you?'
'Yes, my name is Ophelia Malfoy. Have you known my family well?'
'Oooh, but yes indeed. I remember every wand I ever sold. Excellent wands I sold to them. Dragon hearthstring mostly....let's find yours, shall we!'
My patience seems to flow away as he talks. I haven't come for his welcoming spirit.
'Mr Ollivander, first you should know I haven't come for a new wand. And I need to have your descrition when I show you mine. Are we clear?'
I have pinned my eyes on his and it seems he hasn't missed the treath behind my words. His pupils grow wide and his eyelids are shaking.
'Miss Malfoy, I-I can promise you my descrition. I've always been loyal to your family.'
I turn my hand at the door and the obeying wind shuts it with a loud thud. The man before me scarcely makes a piercing sound.
Then I take an object out of my pocket the size of a feather quirrel.

My extraordinary wand.
~
When his eyes first meet the beautiful thing he gasps.
Insecure he turns at me.
'May I?'
I nod and lay the warm beating thing in his hands. Immediately it loses it's lively blue glow.

'A bluelion's heartstring, sealed with opazdust. The heartbeat it has...fascinating. It feels like a young lion. Nearly 16 years old...'
Suddenly his eyes turn at me.
'Just like you..' he gasps.
He continues with genuine interest.
'But that means..it was destined for you, wasn't it? Connected at the birth with a binding spell.'

'Yes, that's correct. I played with the lion when I was a child. It saved my life once when I almost fell of a cliff. Before you judge me you should know she wasn't killed to be put in a wand. The blue lionesses choose to put her own spirit in my wand after her body was gravily wounded in an accident. Our bond is still as strong as ever. I care for the lioness' soul just as much as it does for me.'

'The last time I saw one...it seems like ages ago. I never made one myself of course.... I wouldn't know how and otherwise the danger would be too great.'

'I'm aware of the dangers. The ministry must never know. In fact no one can ever. The law against the use of blue lions was meant to protect them so that they wouldn't be slaughtered for wands. But despite the law my case is different. You see, she has chosen herself to become my patronus, my protector. Her love is with me at every battle and every spell.'

' I see. I'm afraid I cannot help you if you intend to keep the wand. It would be a great challenge to camouflage such a wand...impossible!'

'Are you really not up for the challenge or a you just a coward?'

'As much as I respect your family I cannot take this risk. I will happily sell you the best wand in my possession, with discount.'

So you are a coward.
I nod once, but not for the reason the wandmaker thinks.

The moment he turns around I point my wand at him.
'Obliviate'
The words I speak are only a whisper under my breath, but as I see his blank eyes a moment later I know it's enough.
'Hello young lady, welcome welcome to Ollivander's. Fine wandmakers.' he announces his opening praise without any trace of the fear he had only seconds ago.
'O, skip that!'
It's just like nothing happened.