Chapter 13

Leah
I give myself a once over in the mirror. Not so bad, I wonder, running hands on the front of my yellow full sleeves, knee length dress.

"Dude, that's called cheating!" I hear Julian's muffled cry, and smile to myself. My brothers can be the worst enemies or best friends. I don't think there's a mid level of their brotherly love for each other.

As I grab hold of my phone, the door to my room bursts open with Sebastian having a murderous look marring his face.

I raise my eyebrows at him.

"What?"

"How long are you going to take?! Trevor is being the most frustrating creature on earth! Have mercy on us and drag him out of here before he gets killed by me!" he yells, beads of sweat trickling down his temple.

I hurriedly spray the Victoria Secrets perfume on my wrists, then rub them together, humming in satisfaction.

"Yeah, tell me about it," I scoff, falling into step with my brother, who, despite being fuming angry, swings his arm around my shoulders and give a tight sideways hug.

"When will you be back?" he asks, giving me worried looks ever so often.

I shrug, ignoring the sadness in his eyes. "I have no idea. Honestly. Aren't you on the team?" We descend downstairs, and the noises grow louder with each step that takes us in the living room.

"Of course I am. Though, Julian needs someone to give him a slap across his face. He's getting way too lazy," he groans, rolling his eyes at Julian who has his eyes glued to the screen, as he aggressively pushes against the controllers buttons.

Beside him is sat the co-captain of the football team in all his glory, his face glowing in all the right places. Damn, even I don't have such a luminous glow like he does.

His face breaks into a devilish grin as he senses my presence, and I would be a complete liar to say he doesn't look good. His jersey, God, looks so amazing on him. His hair slicked back with the base of his cap worn backwards, one foot continuously clicking against the marbled floor.

My insides turned in blancmange.

"Hello? Lee?" I blink, returning back to reality when Sebastian waves a hand in my face. His brows furrow as he looks between me and Trevor. "Uh, what's going on?" he demands, blocking my view of Trevor by standing opposite to me.

Yeah, what the hell was happening, Leah? Answer your brother!

I scratch the back of my neck out of nervousness. Seriously, I myself have no idea what is going on between us. What has changed between us. But whatever it is, I need to be aware of what I feel towards him.

It's definitely more than just friends.

"Um, nothing? Trevor!" I called out, hoping like mad Sebastian wouldn't notice the sudden warmth in my cheeks, and how I dodged his question.

Sebastian's eyes narrow a bit, giving a look that says I-notice-everything.

"See you at the game, man. Don't be late!" Trevor ruffles Julian's hair who sticks out his tongue at his best friend in the most childish way possible.

"I am never late!"

"At your service, Ma'am," Trevor jokes, bowing down in respect. Thank the Lord he didn't take a spot beside me.

"Take care of my little sister." Sebastian glares deadly at Trevor, who 'oh so lovingly' just nods softly, fixing his gaze on me.

"I will. Always." They do the bro hug thing, and "Come on, we've gotta pick Hunter on our way."