Part 2

"Good. Because from now on you will be in charge of protecting her - Don Shredder has been sabotaging other territories and we will soon be at risk. I have agreed to purchase weapons and allow her men to assist training our newest members for the upcoming feud. Should I be killed - our territory will join with Rayne's to make for a stronger front."

Raph looked shocked.

"Yer' willin' our territory ta' her?! We're yer' sons! She was jus' some lil' freaky urchin off da' streets while you were raisin' us ta' do da' real work!"

Splinter stood from his seat and cast a dangerous look of warning at the boisterous male.

"Yes, Raphael. Because she knows how to play the game of this dark underworld and does it well. While you were trained for one purpose - she was trained for another. I saw her opportunity and skill that would surpass what she'd become at one of Miss. O'Neil's brothels." The rat scolded, sending the red-tied terrapin back into his seat.

Anya was honestly insulted by Raphael, but she brushed off the statement a few moments after. If they were going to be keeping her from getting assassinated or otherwise killed, she was going to have to hold her tongue and play nice until her mentor was gone and off her territory. She trained as a child to keep her emotions in check - and by golly she was going to do it better than him.

"Now, back to what I was saying - you will ensure that no harm comes to my heir. Do what you must, but do not nose into matters that are not yours without her permission or good reason. Should Rayne find out anything, she has my blessing to do as she sees fit - and seeing how you all treated her in the past, I would not want to anger her.

Along with that, I forbid you from making advances on Anya until I'm gone. There may come a time where a partner will be beneficial to her - but under no circumstances are you to try out-doing the other. It will be she who chooses her partner, not the other way." Splinter looked at Anya, a small cunning smile on his face after watching his sons' looks all show different emotions ranging from disgust to disappointment at the thought.

Anya cast them a small smile, "With that said, Harrison - my Butler, will escort you to our guest rooms for the evening until we can get your things moved here for a more permanent basis. Even though you may not like it, I want this to be like home to you. My staff is at your service, within reason of course."

The boys nodded, Michael looking excited at the idea.

Moments later, the party was in a large dining room with a crystal chandelier hanging lavishly from the ceiling. The meal was already underway, with the brothers quietly scarfing down food and talking as the Don and Madame discussed politics and such with their light meals that her servants had already tested for poisons.

The turtles had eaten nearly everything, not used to having this much luxurious food and taking the opportunity to stuff themselves in case this was just a one-time thing.

Soon the meal had ended with a pear tart and sweet, cinnamon whipped cream before everyone had went to get a bed for the night - except for the Don - who needed to return to his territory, and Leo - who had first watch at the entrance to his new charge's personal chambers.

Anya, after a de-stressing bath, changed into a small form-fitting nightgown and slipped into bed. Two taps came from the door before Leo had poked his head in through the opening.

"Just so you know, we'll be checking in every half hour or so. So please let us know if you open the window or anything else like that so we can make the proper checks. It'd look bad to lose our charge on the first night of our new job." He chuckled.