[4] We seem to share the same pain

[ Michael's pov:]

So... here I am, Michael Mell, a now certified friendless loser. I might as well just leave this party and...get stoned in my basement. I stepped out of the bathroom to see a girl, crying in a corner. She seemed to be covered in egg and wearing a ladybug themed dress, her eyes were red and puffy, just like mine. I wonder how long has she been here...crying? Then, something happened which really took be my surprise. She started talking to me.

  " So, what took you so long in there?" she casually said. 

I caught myself still staring at her. She continued to speak and still didn't make eye contact. She probably still didn't know that I was in there.......crying my eyes out.

"I was just sitting here, sobbing, covered in yolk and all coz I came here to find my best friend who ditched me for a bunch of popular kids but just ended up getting a bunch of eggs thrown at me," she said.

" Crying like a baby her while you were in there taking a dump or something."

I don't know what came over me but I had this weird urge to do something. 

She was now staring at me. I guess that she might have been expecting a negative look from me but for some reason, I had this warm feeling in me. A feeling that I wasn't alone. We seem to share the same pain. I caught myself grinning at her, she was still staring at me. That urge had finally taken over me. I grabbed her hand and we ran through the party and the crowds of people as we reached the front door. This feeling was sort of weird....that might have been the beers though but I was surprised.......surprised that she actually kept holding my hand and following me all the way. I was surprised that she hadn't let go.

[ Y/N's pov: ]

Here I was, running down the streets, with a guy, grabbing my hand as we ran to wherever he was taking me. After a few minutes, we arrived. We were at a nearby park. We went towards a bench and sat there, an awkward tension and silence started to rise. I finally broke it.

" Umm... why did you bring me here?" I awkwardly asked.

He replied.

" Oh uhh sorry... that I brought you here... I m-mean if you wanna go it would be totally fine since I completely dragged you here against your will and all and somehow you followed....oh god! That was so dumb of me. I am really sorry if you feel uncomfortable and you think I'm some creepy loser who was probably drunk and now you hat---- " I cut what he was saying.

" It's ok, being dragged here by a random guy might have been weird but, I'm not going, and I don't hate you in any way.... heck I don't even know you! "

"But I'm staying" I replied.

" And, I didn't say anything about hating you...yet. "

"So, why did you bring me hear?" I said in a very explanatory tone.

" Umm... it's just that, I feel what you feel" he said.

" Huh?" you replied.

" It's just that...my best friend kinda left me too and said some pretty harsh things."

"I felt that helping you out with this would be like helping myself in a way."

" I couldn't just leave you there crying."

He paused for awhile and sighed.

"Like what my best friend did to me" he finally said.

He started laughing to himself, then tears started streaming down his face. 

" Oh God, you must really think I'm a loser don't you," he said.

I'm not really sure what came over me but at that moment... I hugged him.

"No, I don't think that you're a loser and to be honest, that was really sweet of you," I said to him.

I let go of him and gave him a warm smile. Even though we were only under the faint light of the nearby lamp post, I swore that I could see him blushing a bit.

" Umm thanks...for that," he said.

"Ohh umm I should be the one thanking you!" I replied.

We started to laugh... a bit awkwardly.

" So, tell me about this crappy friendship of yours," I said.

" Well it wasn't that bad from the start, but the fact that he just ended it right there was pretty harsh," he said.

[ Michael's pov:]

I told her about well...everything. I told her about how Jeremy and I had been friends for twelve years and that we faced life together as best buds like a two player game. I didn't really care that we were losers. I knew that things would probably get better once we're in college, but Jeremy seemed to care much about what people thought of him and wanted to be more chill and popular. 

" Ever since he got that squip, he really started to change," I said.

"What? Ever since he got a squid?" she asked a bit confused.

" No, a SQUIP" I replied.

" It's a gray, oblong pill
Quantum nano-technology CPU
The quantum computer in the pill will travel through your blood until
It implants in your brain and it tells you what to do" I said.

" So...
It's like...
Drugs?  " she asked.

"It's from Japan"

It's a gray, oblong pill, 

Quantum nano-technology CPU. 

The quantum computer in the pill will travel through your blood until 

It implants in your brain and it tells you what to do. 

It tells you what to do

It's preprogrammed 

It's terrifying

Speaks to you directly 

You behave as 

It's appraising 

Helps you act correctly 

Helps you to be cool

It helps you rule

Or at least that's what it said that it would do" I replied.

" Jeremy's been a total jerk to me ever since he took that squip"

"And there's nothing on the Internet —

Which is weird, right? I mean, what's
not on the Internet? So I started
asking around. Finally, this
guy I play Warcraft with told me
his brother went from a straight-D
student to a freshman at Harvard.
You know where he is now?" I said.

"Enjoying his life?" she replied.

"He's in a mental hospital.
Totally lost it." I said.

" I tried to warn Jeremy about it but he completely blew me off, he said that I was just jealous of him...and he even called me a loser," I said.

" And that was it, he just left me, right there, in that bathroom." I said.

_________________________________________________________

Ok so yeah, hoped you like this chapter and I will try to update more since I have a week off on school. 

Thanks @musical_wierdo for sending me the link to the musical. 

To be honest, I'm not sure if I will ever see a broadway musical but whatever, so don't judge my experience with these musicals soooooooooo Thanks for reading this ( like really, thank you!)