[14] Not What You Expected

I now had a closer look at the three girls.  

" Ohh, hi Y/n. I'm Brooke " the blond haired girl who's name I now know is Brooke said while smiling at me.

  Brooke, has blonde hair. She wears a yellow knitted jacket that fell a bit off her shoulders, some sort of blue shirt that had holes in it, making some kind of design pattern, a yellow and orange under shirt and some jeans. Her blonde hair hung loosely on her frame.  

"You're new here right? Ohh and I'm Chloe by the way" the brown haired girl, Chloe asked sounding really straight to the point.

" Umm yeah. I just moved here to New Jersey this summer" I said as I idly fiddled with the hem of my shirt.

Chloe on the other hand wears a white jacket with splotches of paint for its design, a dark blue undershirt and some hoop earrings. She had brown wavy hair and a fierce look.

" Ohh and Y/n, that's Jenna" Christine said pointing to the other girl with them. She has brown hair that is half tied. She is wearing a magenta jacket which kinda reminds me of Barney's  skin tone. She has white striped shirt over a pink undershirt and some jeans on.

Jenna had her eyes glued onto the screen of her phone as she scrolled through what ever was on the screen, and Chloe continues to talk to me

" How do you like the school so far?"

" Ohh I think it's pretty nice so far, I mean I've already got Christine as a friend and I-"

" Ohh uhh Y/n is this you?" Jenna asked with a slight look of shock on her face.

She showed us her phone and on the screen there it was, a re run of one of my golden moments. [note the sarcasm]

There, on her phone was a picture of me, from the Halloween Party.

There I was, in all my former glory, wearing that ridiculous costume and  covered with raw egg. It seems like the photo was shot right after they dumped the eggs on me. 

The day of Halloween Party sorta passed by in a blur, though it has scarred me maybe for my whole teenage life, it seems that I've been able to move on from it all.

Maybe not from it all...just not from him.

It was weird looking at it after all this time. Raw egg was dripping from my head down to my knees, its liquid rolling down my face and a bunch of yolk scattered on my dress and I had a very weird looking shocked expression on my face.

What's worst about seeing this again is that now, they can see it. I can tell that they have shock or maybe disgusted faces on right now without even looking back at them, I mean who wouldn't cringe at a girl [a/n: totally up to you though] in a ladybug costume covered in raw egg. I mean it's now really obvious that I'm a loser. 

Now they're probably gonna laugh at me, maybe even share that picture with the whole student body. 

"Well is it?" Jenna asked really sounding like she wants an answer.

Well there's no hope of hiding it now. I might as well tell them, and face the utter humiliation. 

I guess that's just how my life's gonna be, every time I try to start something new it crashes down and fails. Not like I can do anything about that picture now. What goes online stays online. So I might a well just give trying to hide and stuff and try to get that off my chest.

" Umm, yes...yeh that's me" I muttered a bit awkwardly, with my nerves jangling, though I suppose that they heard what I said. I avoided eye contact, I didn't want to face they're reactions.