[12] I am not throwing away my shot

Michael's pov: [a/n: hahaha bet you didn't see that coming]

Today is the first day of school. I woke up, got my things ready, put on my red hoodie and got my headphones. I went downstairs and had breakfast with my moms, I then left to go to school on my P.T. cruiser. 

I didn't have that many expectations for this school year. If I did, they'd probably be good expectations since I bet that this would be great school year. I know I'm not such an optimistic person (since I did end up locking myself in a bathroom just to cry about how much of a loser I am at a party), but I feel like things have started to change for the better.

 Jeremy and I are best friends again, and after the whole squip incident/ the play is over and, we weren't bullied or pushed around anymore for being the losers. Well people don't even treat us that much like losers anymore!

 The squip incident has really changed people for good. The cool kids don't look down at us anymore and some of them have actually become friends with me and Jeremy, all the gossip and bullying has stopped and Jeremy finally had the courage to express his feelings to Christine, and now, they're dating! 

And hey, maybe I stopped getting stoned in my basement!

It may be a bit annoying when Jeremy keeps rambling to me about Christine but there love is actually pretty cute. Jeremy has been doing better ever since he got together with Christine, he stopped his stuttering a bit, is now less sweaty and knows how to be more...chill.

I know that, this may be weird but, sometimes I wonder...if I'll ever find love. The closest I've got to finding love was at the Halloween party. Well I did get my first kiss on that day, and from a pretty girl too. 

Sadly, I had to screw it all up. 

I just wish that I could just, relive that moment and fix everything with that girl. We had something, some kind of spark between us and I just know it. I just wish that I could see her again.

----------------------------------

I finally arrived at school.

I was immediately greeted by my best friend Jeremy. We walked to our lockers and I drank from my slushee while Jeremy talked to AGAIN ABOUT Christine. He was rambling about him and Christine dating for almost a month and that it would be some sort of milestone in their relationship, some "Monthiversary" or "Monthsary". 

It sounds a bit cheesy but he was really worried about having to do something big and special for Christine on that event so I guess I'll have to be there for him to help or support I guess. We made our through the halls after getting our textbooks (which we have come to navigate well) and as Jeremy continued what he was rambling to me earlier something immediately caught my eye.

It was a girl. She stood in front of me. We kept our eye contact and stayed there, with our gazes fixed on each other. Those e/c eyes and her h/c hair seemed so familiar to me, she seemed so familiar to me. 

We stood there just staring at each other..., I then realized that she, she was the girl from the Halloween party.

 She is the girl who I dragged out of that miserable party, the girl who I spent the night talking about our broken friendships and whatnot, she is the girl who kissed me. I had been longing for so long to talk to her, to explain things to her and get to know her. I had wanted to find her ever since she ran off that night. I felt that there had been a connection between us, and now, I felt that there's a string pulling us towards each other, keeping us together.