[15] Play Rehearsals pt.1

I looked up to see the guy from the Halloween party ( whose name I don't even bother to find out).

My eyes met his and for a while we just stood there, staring at each other, not uttering a single word.

I noticed that he was wearing the same red hoodie that I've seen him regularly in. Now come to think of it, having a closer look at his eyes, I was starting to see how brown they were.

And at that moment, I seemed to snap out of that trance. He did too and he looked a bit dazed.

I was starting to realize how awkward it must have been just staring at him...

[Michael's POV:]

Woah, it's her. I knew I would bump into her sooner or later...well not literally but you get what I mean.

I just really need to get things straightened out with her after what happened that night.

I'm starting to get the feeling that she's trying to ghost me or something, but I can't blame her.

I should've done something that night. I should've tried to stop her from leaving, thinking that what happened between us that night was a mistake.

I shouldn't have let her go.

///Back to Y/n's POV///

" Ohh umm sorry again for bumping into you. I wasn't looking my way and that was pretty careless of me" I admitted, staring down at my shoes, refusing to meet his eyes.

" No worries, I know that it was just an accident. Accidents happen every now and then, even to us huh?" he sighed, chuckling a bit.

Accidents?! He's talking about us and accidents?!? 

And it looked like he still had more to say, and I hope he wasn't referring to that night we-

" And speaking of accidents, do you think we could talk about what happened...err that night ?, " he asked while smiling a bit nervously.

Shoot

What was I supposed to say to him? 'Sorry I kissed you?' 'I hope that I didn't freak you out or anything and had bad breath...please don't hate me?' I stood there, fumbling with the straps of my backpack, desperately searching for something to say. 

" What night? You'll have to be more specific since technically there are many many nights in a year. Ya know? 525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear? Ohh and do I know you?" I blurted out as my lips contorted into an awkward smile.

Geez, I didn't mean kiss him or did I ? I'm really not sure. The adrenaline I was feeling from that party probably made me do something in the spur of the moment, which was definitely a weird and pretty cliche thing for me to do.

 I didn't intend to make him uncomfortable or anything after hearing all that happened between him and his friend that night. I know that we were in the same boat but still, it kinda makes feel a bit... umm, guilty?

He seemed to be a bit stunned by what I had said. Heck, I sounded like some dude that fell out of a tree and broke his arm. And the musical references? Do I just keep doing those whenever I get nervous?

Before he could reply or even get the chance to ask me anything else about that night, a middle-aged man walked in front of the stage announcing that play rehearsals were starting.

" Hello Students, my name is Mr. Reyes I will be-

My attention went from that guy to Christine, who was currently grabbing my arm. She was pulling me towards the direction of our seats, urging me to follow her.

"Y/n, come on we gotta go to our seats! You don't wanna miss losing your virgini-" 

She looked behind me and saw the guy I was talking to.

"Ohh hey, Michael! I see you've met Y/~mmpf"

I quickly put my hand over Christine's mouth. I didn't need him to know my name, it would just make things more awkward between us. It would be easier for him to forget me if I'd just be some stranger to him anyways.

" Yeh, I wouldn't miss this for the world! Let's go find our seats," I exclaimed, grinning a bit nervously at Christine, desperately trying to escape this conversation with the guy from the Halloween party, despite how cute he looked...I mean what?

I quickly dragged Christine off to our seats and started paying attention to the teacher in front, talking about our play schedules and all that jazz, ignoring the side glances I've been getting from the boy in red, a few rows away from me.

-----------------------------------------

I'm sorry that this is a bit short but I'll be posting part two in a while. I'm so glad to be back writing for you guys! 

I'm sorry for taking so long to update this story...

But I'm back, and I'll be writing a bit more soon even if I'm going back to school in a few days. And if you may be wondering why I am going back to school while some of you have already started your summers, that is because I come from the Philippines and school here starts at a different time in the year from other countries like America.

Thank you for all of your comments and for liking story!

And I'm really thankful for some of you complimenting me as an author ( it means a lot even if I have no idea of how I even got to write a story!).

Hopefully, I'll see you guys in the next chapter. 😄

And also (I know this news is a bit late but) Be More Chill is closing on Broadway?!?