[8] New Jersey

Ok....I just wanted to say that do not apply the video above to this story. It is a Michael x reader. I just put it coz it's funny and stuff. Vid by mushie r.

_______________________________________________________

"This really was going to be a new start for Y/n L/n."

----------------------------------------------------

Here I was, out on the open road. We were on our way to our new house and we've been driving for hours. I was just sitting there, listening to my [ favorite musical ] soundtrack on my phone, staring out the window and thinking about well life and other stuff. I don't know. I was just wondering about my life there in New Jersey. If I would make good friends or actually be able to enjoy life there without constantly looking back at the past. I just wish that moving here was a change for the better.

It's been a few hours since we left our old home but now we finally arrived, no not at our new house yet, at New Jersey. It was quite a sight. Sure it was different from my old state [ or city you live in ] but I couldn't help but have high hopes for this place. Maybe I could call this place home ( well since I live here but you get what I'm saying ).

We arrived at our neighborhood. It wasn't so big or so small. It was just right. 

" Y/n look! Here's the school I was talking about" my mom said.

I looked out the window and stared at my new school. It wasn't that big but it seemed good enough for me. I read a sign on top of it's doors " Middle Borough High School ".

" I can tell that you're gonna enjoy it here Y/n. You could make new friends...or even a boyfriend! [ a/n : or girlfriend depends on you though ] " my mom said

I slightly blushed at this.

" Ha, yeah mom. You wish ! " I replied back.

She just laughed as we past by my new school arriving at our new house.

The movers would arrive later or tomorrow so we just brought the important things we would need for now. I stared at my new house. It was well designed and just right for a single mom and her teen aged daughter. As I went in the house felt so big, and I felt so small, that was probably since it was a bit empty. It had the essential things we would need. I went up the stairs and was met by three bedrooms. I picked the bedroom down the hall. I went in and in was beautiful. It had its own bathroom, a closet, a large window and a balcony. 

I started unpacking. I had some of my [ favorite whatever ] posters, some of my clothes and some of my video games. I unpacked what I could and went downstairs.

Me and my mom decide go to some of the nearby restaurants around the neighborhood to become more familiar with the place. We sort of went sight seeing around the neighborhood and after a few hours we went home.

I didn't have my bed yet so I had to sleep on a mattress in my room. I changed into my pajamas which was just a t-shirt and shorts. I was slightly nervous and excited for tomorrow and my possibly new life here... in New Jersey.

-------------Morning----------------------

BEEEEEEEP BEEEEEEP

" Ughhh ", I realized that I still had my alarm. I turned it off and woke up.

I headed downstairs and got some breakfast.

" Good Morning Y/n ! " my mom greeted me.

" Good Morning Mom " I greeted her back and got a bowl for my cereal.

As I was eating my cereal my mom said

 " Y/n the movers already arrived. They brought the heavy stuff in already but we're gonna have to put in the other stuff in the truck. I did it to save us some money."

Well that was my mom. She always tried her best to provide for me ever since my dad left. She always tried to save money but still made sure I could enjoy at least the little things life gave us.

After washing my bowl, I went outside and started bringing in the boxes.

It was a fairly good day. The neighborhood was nice and the sun was shining. I could see two boys on our street. Maybe they lived in this neighborhood.  One of them was pretty tall and had brown hair and blue eyes, the other was slightly shorter with tanned skin, brown eyes and black hair. I decided to approach them, maybe just get acquainted or make friends. As I went towards them my heart practically skipped a beat. I stopped dead in my tracks. I realized that one of those boys was the guy from the Halloween party. The guy who literally opened up to me.The guy who I kissed and ran away from. I slightly panicked and hid behind the U-haul truck, pretending I was unpacking while slightly looking back at them.

[ Michael's pov: ]

"Dude, me and Christine finally had our first date! I slightly think it sucked, I didn't know if she would like the food, my palms were sweaty and I could swear that my face was red the whole time but surprisingly she liked it. She even gave me a kiss !"Jeremy said as we were walking towards his house. I was swear, he just can't stop blabbing about Christine.

" Hey Jer, looks like you've got new neighbors" I said to him. 

" Didn't the Hamiltons used to live there?"

" Oh, yeah. I heard that they had a torrid affair or something. That house has been for sale for weeks. It looks like someone finally bought it." Jeremy replied.

" Oh look, it looks like a girl lives here. She looks like she's our age."

" Oh ok." I replied. 

" Maybe we should show her around the neighborhood sometime and become her friend." Jeremy said.

" Oh yeah probably" I replied. I looked at the girl. She looked quite nice. Maybe we could become friends or something. She might need help around this place and I'm assuming she's gonna study in our High school. Well we all know that high school is hell so she'll need all the help she can get, and me and Jeremy happen to navigate it well.

" Interested in what you see " Jeremy said with a smirk. I didn't really notice that I was staring for a while.

" Hah is that your squip talking again? I told you I haven't got a chance with any girl. I'm slightly considering that I'm gay or something" I said with a laugh.

" We'll just have to see then " Jeremy said as we went inside his house.

______________________________________________________

Ayy I'm back with another trashy chapter. Well I hoped you enjoyed it. We are finally in the world of Be More Chill....New Jersey ! Well I haven't been there yet so I might be a bit off on some information. Feel free to comment or whatever and I will try to update a bit more : D