Do you trust me?

The days started to get shorter and the air cooler. The final goodbye to summer  came when I had to turn my heat on in the morning the second week of October. Chris and I were still blissfully happy. He spent most of his nights at my house and coming home to him in the evenings was surreal in the best kind of way. A part of me kept dwelling on the conversation we had had weeks ago about him not being around. We didn't speak any more of him returning to work or the west coast. But I knew it would be a matter of time before he did. And then what would happen? I mean he didn't even have his own place in Boston, he stayed at his mom's. Which was fine (especially since he was usually at my house anyway) but that just meant he had no real plans of staying any long-term amount of time. This Saturday morning though I shoved the thought of him leaving to the back of my mind.

I was too excited for the weekend as we were going into Boston to the Haunted Ghost Ship Harbor with Kirsten and Nate.

Chris hadn't stayed at my house the night before, so I was lazily laying in bed trying to force myself to get up when my phone rang.

I grinned before answering seeing his name flash across the screen, "Hi baby."

"Hey angel." Chris responded. "I was wondering if you wanted to help me with a favor today?"

"Sure.....but we're still going to the Ghost ship tonight, right?"

"Yes of course. I'm all for watching you scream and jump right into my arms." He chuckled.

"Ha." I said sarcastically. "So what's up?"

"I need to babysit my nephews for a few hours today. Do you want to help? It'll be at my parent's house."

"Sure! That sounds fun."

Chris laughed, "It will be. So, I'll see you around noon?"

"I'll be there."

An hour and a half later I was walking up the steps to Chris's parents house. I knocked on the door before pushing it open, "Knock, knock." I called.

"Back here." I heard Chris yell from the back living room.

"What's going on guys?" I asked smiling at Ethan laying upside on the couch with his head hanging off the edge and Miles laying on Dodger using him as a pillow.

"Let Breelan decide." Ethan twisted his body to sit back up and looked at me.

"Let me decide what?" I asked with a hesitant smile.

"We're trying to decide if we should watch Lady and the Tramp." Chris held up the dvd. "Or....OR....Aladdin." He nodded his head with a huge grin.

"Ooohhh that is a tough choice." I chewed my lip, "But I'm going to have to go with Aladdin. Is there any scene better than when Aladdin first sees Jasmine in the market place?" I put my hand on my heart.

"Ewwww!" Miles and Ethan cried in unison. "Any scene is better than that one." Miles cried.

"Yeah eww Breelan." Chris teased. "Any scene is better than that one. Girls are gross."

I laughed.

"Nu-uh Uncle Chris, you said you thought Breelan was the prettiest girl you've ever met and you want to kiss her." Ethan stood up from the couch and took the dvd out of Chris's hand to put in the player.

"Hey- hey man!" Chris gave him a look, "Bro-code. I told you that in confidence. She can't know I like her."

Miles rolled his eyes. "We all know you like her Uncle Chris."

I laughed as Chris picked Miles up and flipped him over his shoulder. "How about popcorn with the movie? What do you guys say?"

"Popcorn!" Ethan nodded enthusiastically.

"Bree will you help me make the popcorn?" Chris set Miles back down.

"Sure." I smiled following him into the kitchen.

Chris peeked around the corner to make sure Miles and Ethan were glued to the tv before taking me into his arms and kissing me on the lips.

"Hey." He said. "I'm glad you're here."

"Even though girls are gross." I teased. He tightened his grasp around me and I laughed into his chest. "But for real, oh my gosh you are the cutest with them. I wasn't sure you could get any hotter but yet...."

"But yet you want to rip my clothes off and take me on my parents kitchen table?" He raised a seductive eyebrow at me.

I slapped at him playfully. "Just get the kids the popcorn."

We watched Aladdin and then got half way through Lady and the Tramp before Chris's sister picked the boys up. At that point it was time to go over to Kirsten and Nate's house, so we could leave to go in to the city.

"Are you ready?!" Kirsten answered the door excitedly.

"I guess so." I swallowed nervously.

Chris looked at me, "Are you scared?"

"Bree hates haunted houses. But we always go. We've never been to this one before though."

"You hate haunted houses?" Chris cracked a smile.

"I don't handle jump scares very well." I admitted.

Chris put his arm around my shoulder and pulled me close to his side, "Aw babe! I'll protect you."

Kirsten laughed. "It's going to be a haunting good time!" She laughed even harder at her lame joke.

I rolled my eyes but had to laugh.

We arrived at the Ghost Ship attraction a little after 7 and the sun had gone down. I looked around nervously clutching my stomach. I was starting to have second thoughts. Chris, reading my body language, wrapped his arm around my waist and kissed my temple.

"Do not be scared. I promise you, no one will get past me to get to you." He assured.

I gave him a wary look.

"Do you trust me?" He gave me a lopsided grin.

"Ok Aladdin." I rolled my eyes but relaxed into his arms with a smile.

We made our way to the entrance to the first attraction and I grabbed tightly on to Chris's arm and squeezed my eyes shut as we entered. Nate and Kirsten were in front of us, well Kirsten shoved Nate first. After the first few scares Kirsten was holding my hand as well as Nate's and I was buried into Chris's side. By the time we finished the 2nd attraction I was pretty sure I was about to lose my voice from screaming. Before we started the 3rd one Chris stopped me.

"You doing ok?" He grinned pulling back to look at me.

"I'm ok." I said my voice unsure. Before I could say another word the sound of a chain saw came up behind me and I jumped a mile slamming into Chris and screamed so loud my voice went out.

"Oh my gosh - I love you." Chris laughed pulling me tight against him.

"You love me?" I croaked.

Chris nodded still smiling.

"I love you too." I said, I could barely talk above a whisper.

"Good." He kissed my forehead before dragging me off towards the next haunted attraction.