11

"You look grumpy this morning

"You look grumpy this morning." Keegan inspects his little brother's irritated face. He then goes to put his finger on his cheek but Cade slaps it away.

"Keegan, you're late but I'm glad you joined us." Mrs. Lemont calls out, seconds after. The class already looked over as the brothers stepped closer inside the room.

"Yeah Keegan, why exactly are you late?" Cade crosses his arms, giving him a cold stare. "We came to school together."

"Had some stuff to do but I wanted to talk to a wonderful student before I sit down, Mrs. Lemont..." Keegan looks over Cade's shoulder, pushing him completely back inside the classroom.

He eyes Pepper of course.

He winks as Pepper's cheeks become red and he puts his hand over his face to cover it from embarrassment. A lot of the students began to coo at Keegan's actions, mostly the girls who sensed something going on.

Mrs. Lemont looks around the class, she was utterly puzzled. Cade grips Keegan's arm to stop him but he pulls him off.

"If you're going to be here, might as well watch and learn." He starts walking past the desks. As he does, eyes followed him until he ended at the back of the room where Pepper sat.

"Hey baby." Keegan leans against a nerd's desk but he was so buried into his book to even notice his space was being taken up. A few girls near them turned pink as they stared at the two with fierce eyes.

Pepper's gives him a shy glare, hiding himself. "P-please go to your seat, Keegan."

Pepper seriously felt bad his new desk mate had to listen to all of this, now he'd be weirded out every time they talked. Not to mention, he probably knew he was dating Nonnie.

"Come on, I want to hang out with you after school. Y'know... reconnect with you, things were rocky last weekend and I want to fix it." Keegan explains. Cade watches with a face full of grim.

And that's when Pepper's eyes soften. Maybe Keegan didn't really mean to do that to him. "R-really?"

'God damn it Pepper.' Cade groans mentally, standing there watching the scene with the rest. A girl catches his attention for a second and before she could even confess her feelings, he shook his head.

"Not interested, sorry."

Her hopeful eyes turn sad and she timidly looks away before finding her seat further down the row he was in front of.

"Of course, you in?" Keegan licks his lips, smirking as if he knew that Pepper would agree to his invitation.

Pepper sighs unsure for a second, but it couldn't be that bad? He smiles up at him. "We can study together at my house."

"Whatever you want, kitten." Keegan pushing up Pepper's glasses that drooped down the bridge of his nose. Some of the girls squealed.

Keegan then raises both of his eyebrows at Cade, who glared.