25

A/N - Family and Christmas time for the Stones! Is everything great or will it turn out bad?
______________

A/N - Family and Christmas time for the Stones! Is everything great or will it turn out bad?______________

"That's the last box, boys." Merida smiles as she brings the box next to the pretty Christmas tree where Keegan was putting up gorgeous green, purple, blue, and red ornaments on it.

Cade was reading a book on the couch, and was salty because of the holiday. And now they were on winter break, sadly having to be in the house with his idiot brother and small sudden thoughts of a German boy would reach him. He did his best to push it away.

"Cade, dude, stop reading that dumb book and help mom and me with the tree." Keegan says.

Cade rolls his eyes. "We don't do Christmas. Fuck off."

Yet, he bought a gift for Keegan and Merida as well after small hesitation.

"We will this year, it's a week away and I'm really excited," Merida shyly comes over and sits next to him. "I know that we didn't celebrate it because your father and me were... selfish, I owned up to that part of me but you guys deserve it now."

"About dad... Nick..." Keegan started.

"Yeah, horrible he hasn't been home in so long but he still never called me since he left so..." Merida found herself looking to the floor. "So he won't be here."

"Bastard hasn't even been giving you quick texts?" Cade scoffed.

She shook her head. "Nope. It's been five months now... but we can make do without him, right?"

It was silent as the boys gave each other guilty looks. Cade reminded himself that he shouldn't be harsh on Merida, she was always fighting her own demons alone when they were growing up. And even now.

"Yeah." Both brothers say in unison.

Merida laughs, little crinkles form next to her eyes, meaning it was a real one. The both give her weird looks.

"What?" They say in sync again. She giggles again.

"Well, it's just you guys made the same face and spoke at the same time. You looked like twins, especially your facial features are almost the same even if your personalities are different. At least that's what I've noticed."

"You studied us?" Keegan asked.

"Always. I thought about you every second when I dozed off from work or when I felt lonely. Yeah, I got paid so much money and we're basically rich but I always had daydreams about being with you boys. I wish I did something about it... I messed up big time."

"Wait, we're rich?" Cade spoke up, shocked. Keegan's eyes turned into money signs.

She laughs, rolling her eyes. "Yes, kind of. I got tons of promotions because I did nothing but work," She tucked a string of hair behind her ear. "And I was more than good at it. Come to think about it, there was a time I tried to get a day off..."