12

A/N - Lots of violence and mental health triggers like anxiety, with deep description of blood! Reminder that Keegan has a mental illness although he isn't diagnosed yet. He still shows some symptoms so I know this chapter is bizarre so please hold on to your seats and bear with me.
_______________

"You have a pretty room

"You have a pretty room." Said Keegan as he looked around.

The walls were a light blue with white puffy clouds and black birds painted all over them perfectly. All of his furniture was either white or black to match the color of the room and he had pretty lights dangling from the ceiling.

"Thank you! I actually did the clouds and birds on my own. My dad just painted the blue." He lightly blushes, looking around happily at his creation.

"Wow..." Keegan smiles, gazing at some of the pictures put up of his friends.

"Oh yeah, could you help me with my English homework now?" Pepper asks, playing around with his fingers.

"Of course Peprika," Keagan smirks. "Isn't that why I'm here? Or were you thinking of something else when you said 'study?'"

Pepper blushes more, coughing awkwardly. "Geez, Keegan. We'll start now, alright?" He then goes over to his backpack and pulls out a binder with the words 'English four honors' printed on the front.

Keegan thought he was going to get lucky but I guess he really meant studying.

So how did Cade get him to submit so easily? It wasn't like Pepper would do the same for him so soon and Cade wasn't actually going after him like that. He said he didn't mean to "fuck him."

Both boys sat down on the bed and started working, to Keegan's actual surprise, he helped him a lot with his homework and the two began to talk about genuine things a far from his nasty intentions.

He had also met his father, Levi, who brung up some snacks for them to eat.

He was still learning his English so Pepper translated a few things and vice versa. Levi even admitted before he left that he thought Keegan was a nice guy. Which the older teen thought that this was now an actual bonus at getting Pepper to be his.

After two hours passed, Keegan did everything he could to flirt and to touch Pepper but nothing worked. None of it. And the fact Pepper talked mostly about Nonnie at the end had really angered him. It was going alright, now he felt like he didn't have a chance.

He was supposed to win him over, not listen to his sappy love sayings about Nonnie, who he quite frankly, disliked greatly.

He wasted his precious time. And it, in fact, made him outraged.

"I think we're all done now. You didn't have to help with all my subjects y'know." Pepper says, scratching the back of his neck. And before Keegan could answer, the shorter boy's phone rings. "Oh, it's Nonnie!"