40

A/N - Ahh, second last chapter! :):

Keegan's hair when it isn't gelled and styled, he's always a cutie. *fangirls over her own character*
__________________

"YES! We're graduates, P!" Tatiana squeals in happiness, taking her black cap off

"YES! We're graduates, P!" Tatiana squeals in happiness, taking her black cap off. He does too before entering her house. "Still sad Michael had to leave Oakland high though..."

Pepper smiled for a second, but sadly glanced to his feet while taking his shoes off along with her. "Yeah..."

It seemed like lying was Pepper's specialty, because now that they had their high school drama finished with and that he was doing better at grieving over his father's death, it was finally time for the next step in the teen's lives. College.

And he wasn't entirely truthful to the people he loved about the next path for him. Especially Cade.

"It's okay, you don't have to worry about that. We have each other for college, silly." She giggles, leading her best friend into the living room.

Pepper didn't seem convinced and Tatiana let's go and gives him a strange look as they sit down on the couch.

"Jesus, you're moving like a robot. What's up with you? You're turning eighteen tomorrow and our graduation party is tomorrow too."

Pepper went more into a gloomy state. "I don't think I'm ready, Tatty. God, I didn't realize it would end so fast! I still remember my first day of my freshman year. Remember? I'm sure you remember too."

This causes Tatiana sadden a little but she seeks out the positive.

"Hey now, you know we can't be kids forever. We have to grow up but that doesn't mean we can't have fun like kids. It'll be alright, I promise you."

But that wasn't the problem...

Pepper takes her hand into his, forcing himself to breath so he could relax a bit. He had to come clean.

"I'm not... I'm not staying here in Baltimore, Tatiana."

She just laughs after there was a pause between them. "What nonsense are you saying?"

"I decided I wanted to go to college in Chicago, where my parents went."

The excitement in her eyes fade once she realizes he was serious.

"You're kidding?" She roughly pulls her hand away from his. "Please tell me your kidding?!"

He curses under his breath, shaking his head. "I know, I know... at first I didn't want to go through with it, not when our friendship grew way stronger and then when I met Cade and Franki. But I always told myself I would go before I even started high school. It's always been a direction I wanted to go, to experience what my mother did. I just... never told anyone, I kept that secret inside."