Chapter Six- Damon's Redemption

Three months have passed since you've last seen Damon. You remember the state he was in. The danger he kept putting you in.

"Hello, (Y/N)!" You snap back into reality. You're sitting on a bench at lunchtime. Caroline Forbes (one of Elena's best friends) gushing about a crush.

"S-sorry Caroline." You apologize as she flips her blonde hair back and rolls her eyes at you.

"Yeah, whatever. Y'know if it were Elena, she would actually listen to me." You ignore the snide comment and continue to poke at your lunch. Elena decided to skip school to spend time with Stefan. You begged your sister to tag along but she refused especially with Damon still being locked away for recovery as she liked to call it.

You sigh and throw your lunch away, Caroline huffing as she watched you. Her blue eyes giving you daggers. To your relief you see Bonnie coming up to the lunch table.

"Hey (Y/N), Caroline." Bonnie greets the two of you, her brown eyes looking as sweet and humble as you could remember. You smile back at her.

"Hey, Bonnie." The both of you say in unison. Bonnie chuckles and takes a seat next to Caroline.

"So, what's going on?" Caroline clears her throat, Bonnie shots you a look. The both of you locking eyes knowing that this will be a long story. Bonnie chuckles before Caroline can recall her story.

"Well, I was trying to talk to (Y/N) about this really cute guy in my math class but she couldn't be bothered to listen." Caroline snaps and you give her a I-don't-care look. Her face scrunching up as she rolls her eyes at you.

I don't know how Elena does it, Caroline is insufferable. You think to yourself as you have to sit through another one of her stories.

"Really, who is it?" Bonnie inches closer to Caroline, her body taking an interest. You figure to suffer through it for five more minutes before calling it quits.

"It's a guy named Niklaus." You look at Caroline in disgust. The look on your face evident as she gasps.

"How can you find him attractive, I mean have you seen the guy? He's creepy." You say, defending your opinion to the highest.

"He is not, I mean I could say the same about Damon Salvatore." The second she mentions his name you freeze. Your head automatically looking down at the floor, Bonnie shoots Caroline a look and looks at you, placing a delicate hand on yours.

"(Y/N), are you okay?" You look up to see Bonnie's reassuring brown eyes. You nod your head as Caroline manages an "I'm sorry." You smile at her.

"It's no big deal, really. Now keep telling us exactly how Niklaus is so sexy." You smile biting your lip as you put emphasis on that word.

"Oh my god, but I have to admit. That serious face is a turn on." You look at Bonnie in surprise as the three of you giggle.

~~~
Since Elena's been at Stefan's you decide to walk home not minding it at all. In fact, you liked going on these walks, they occupy your mind when nothing else seems to calm you down. You pass a graveyard on your way home, picking up your pace. Your parent's tombstones are at that graveyard and possibly Aunt Jenna's but after already being here in Mystic Falls for three months, you never wanted to go visit.