Chapter 1

4 Months Before

"Mom I'm out!", I yelled leaving the house.

"Alright come straight home after school"

"Okay"

I left the house and I got into the car with Shaunie. She was taking me to school but when I got in the car I got a bad vibe off of her.

"Shaun what's going on?"

"Why you ask that?"

"Because you're acting funny. What's the problem?"

"Have you talked to Killion?"

"Yeah but he's been acting a little weird lately so I've just been giving him a little space"

"Oh okay"

"Why you ask that?"

"Okay listen you're my sister and I love you so I want you to check up on Killion. My friend said she seen him at the srrip club getting lap dances and then went to the backroom with Skittles and she could hear moans coming from back there"

"Well what do you want me to do?"

"Whatever you want to do, I just don't want you to be blind and look like a fool being the only person that doesn't know about your man"

"Alright I guess"

"Jomae seriously?"

"Okay Shaunie, I'll talk to him okay?"

"All I ask"

The rest of the ride was spent listening to music. When she dropped me off I went into the gym where everybody normally be and I started talking to this one girl Jewel since everybody else is still in Austin, well Tiana, King, and their baby moved across the country since King's parents moved out there, like as soon as the doctors said Tiana could travel, they took her, and Jamel graduated already. I still see Jabrel sometimes though. He be thinking he a player so I let him do his thing.

"Wassup chicka", she said to me watching the boys play basketball

"Nothing much. Why you staring at yo boyfriend so hard, he ain't going nowhere", I joked.

"I know but he's been secretive lately and I want to make sure he's not going to wonder away from me when the bell ring"

"Then just wait until the bell ring. You scoping to hard girl"

"No you just gotta keep your eyes on your man or somebody else will do it for you"

"I guess"

*Riiiiinnnngggg

"Well I'll see you in 3rd period. Good luck", I said standing up to walk to class.

"Uh huh"

"Wassup Jomae Mae. You looking fine", Jabrel said putting his arms around my shoulder

"Boy you need to stop, this old thing", I laughed walking with him

"Well darling you are definitely working it", he snapped sounding like an old gay fashion designer (no offense)

"Thanks I try", I laughed. "Aren't you going in the wrong direction. You're class is on the other side of the school"

"I know where my class is and I'm about to leave"

"School haven't even started yet what you mean you leaving?"

"Jamel and them are back so he picking me up so we can chill"