Chapter 4: Business Alliance

" It's almost time." Hitoshi announced as he stepped in the room. Upon hearing that, emi felt her heart beat rapidly against her ribcage. Her hands where sweating profusely, and she resisted the urge to bite her nails. She took one last look in the mirror, and realized she looked as anxious as she felt. 

"I'll go take my seat then." Fuji said, standing up from her seat at the sofa and walked towards a shaken emi. She gave emika a kiss on the cheek and pulled away but not before whispering "Don't trip." The comment irked her. It was no time to joke about such mishaps, not when she was about to faint from how skittish she felt. 

"Not helpful." Emika said through gritted teeth, fuji didn't seem bothered. She simply laughed and exited the room. 

The next person to approach her was her mother, she had a wide grin on that soothed her nerves. "Good luck, emi." she said in a soft tone, cupping her daughter's face and kissed her forehead lightly, Emi gave a weak smile in return.

She stood up and left the room, leaving only emi and her father. He didn't say a word, and simply streched his arm out signaling for her to join him. She looked at him for a period of time, countless thoughts and emotions ran through her. To be truthful, she felt resentful. As she looked at him, she was reminded by the fact that he was the reason she was about to walk down the aisle and wed a brutish prick. 

Nevertheless, she stood up and linked her arm with his. There was nothing that can be done now, she knew that. Emi walked with her father until she stood infront of large wooden doors, they waited impatiently until a melody started playing and the doors swung wide open from the inside. 

She looked straight ahead and locked eyes with him. 

-

Todoroki pov: 

An hour earlier..

"let me go." todoroki said angrily, looking up at the older male and trying to break free from his grip.

"You're not going anywhere, we made a deal." enji said angrily but eventually dropping shoto's arm.

"If you want to eventually succeed my company, you will do as I say and marry that girl." he continued then headed towards the door but not before muttering "We all had to make sacrifices for the sake of the company, don't embarrass me." 

He watched his father leave the room then turned his head towards the window, he observed the people outside and briefly wondered if he can make a run for it.

That's ridiculous.

He shook the thoughts of running away from his mind, what would his mother say?

-

The wedding was over as soon as it started, now emi was admiring her new home from outside. It was a gigantic house, maybe a bit too big for two people. she hesitantly went inside and met her housemaids, todoroki was quietly trailing behind her. He didn't say a word during the whole ceremony and it unnerved her to no end. 

eventually they made their way to her new bedroom, she was sat on the bed while todoroki was leaning against the door, his arms crossed and his eyes distant. 

The silence was killing her. She had to say something, anything

"Todoroki I-" She started but was cut off.

"I want to make this clear." he said leaving his position and drawing closer to her.

"You are just a business partner, This relationship is just a business alliance." He said making her still in her spot.

She couldn't speak, she kept opening and closing her mouth, willing the words to come out but nothing did.

"That is all." He said then turned to leave the room.

Eventually, hot angry tears were streaming down her face. This is her life now? 

She's far away from home, her friends and now had to live with a robot of a husband. Does he have no regard for human emotions whatsoever? Their first meeting and now this? She let out a whimper and laid down on the bed.

No.

She wiped her tears in frustration, she won't last a minute in this house if she cried every time she encountered him, She knew she had to stand her ground. He wanted a platonic relationship?

Thats what he'll get.