Chapter Sixteen

Scarlett watches as Jack plays with Sumo in the backyard, her hand resting on her small bump. A strong pair of arms wrap around her and she smiles, already knowing who it was. "How're my two girls?" Frank asks beside her ear, his hands resting on her stomach too. Scarlett smiles and looks at their hands. "We're good, happy to have two strong men around the house." She tells him, referring to him and Jack. Frank squeezed her to him and she sighed happily. "Frank?" Scarlett asked as she looked out in the backyard. "Yeah, doll?" Scarlett turns in his grasp so she can face him and look him in the eyes. "Can we stay like this forever?"

"What do mean?"

"Where nothing ever goes wrong, where it's always happy and peaceful." Frank sighs and moves a strand of her hair behind her ear. "I think no matter what we do, or where we go, chaos will always catch up to us." Scarlett frowns. "But not here," She says motioning around them. "Please, I just want this to last forever." She buries her head in his chest and he holds her. "We can try our best, Scar."

Scarlett's alarm blares loudly, making her groan and open her eyes. She barely got any sleep last night. Her mind didn't want to shut down even when she wanted to. Scarlett reaches for her phone and shuts off the alarm, letting out a yawn. A knock rapped on her bedroom door and she lifts her head up to see Olivia. "Hey girl," Olivia said as she walks in, plopping down on the bed beside Scarlett. "Hey," She says, looking up at the ceiling. "Why are you in my house?" Scarlett asks, looking over at her best friend. "I just let myself in." Olivia shrugs and Scarlett nods, looking to the ceiling. "You ready for today?" Olivia asks, knowing what was going through Scarlett's mind. After Scarlett went home yesterday she called Olivia and spilled everything out to her. She needed someone to know just in case something happened.

"As ready as I'll ever be I guess." Scarlett shrugged, glancing at Olivia. "Thank you for being such a good friend, it means a lot to me and I never really tell you that." Olivia shakes her head and waves Scarlett off. "Don't do that," Olivia shakes her head. "Don't do what?" Scarlett asks, looking over at her best friend. "Say goodbye," Olivia looked at Scarlett with a lot of emotion swarming in her eyes. "That was like a goodbye, Scarlett and that's not okay. I know there is a chance that something bad could happen today and that you have a target on your back but you can't say goodbye." Scarlett wraps her arms around Olivia and they lay there together, tears falling down Olivia's cheeks and tears forming in Scarlett's eyes. This made both women think back to an old memory where they were in this same position. 

"I can't do this anymore, Olivia." Scarlett cried to her best friend. Both girls were laid in Olivia's bed, Olivia holding Scarlett. "My dad is dead and me and Matt are being put in separate places. I can't let that happen!" Scarlett cries and Olivia shooshes her, rubbing her head. "Everything will work out, Scar. I'm always going to be here for you."

"Thank you, Olivia."

"Hey," Scarlett says and Olivia looks up at her. "I'm not saying goodbye," Scarlett shakes her head. "I'm not saying goodbye, okay?" Scarlett hugs Olivia tightly. "You are like my sister Olivia. Gosh, I feel like you're the only person I have from my past." Scarlett shakes her head. "You can never leave me, Scarlett Murdock. You hear me?" Olivia asks poking Scarlett's cheek. Scarlett nods and the two women hug each other once more. 

Eventually, Scarlett pulls herself from her bed and she grabs all the necessary items and she heads into the bathroom to get ready. Scarlett pulls on her clothes and does her hair and makeup. Scarlett looks at herself in the mirror as she leans against the sink. She takes in a deep breath then slowly lets it out, calming herself. Scarlett walks out of the bathroom and walks to the living room and Olivia whistles when she sees Scarlett. "Lookin good business women!" Olivia always hyped Scarlett, ever since they were younger.