I Feel, I'm To Blame.

Dean's POV

Sam told me that Cas was in the hospital. He seemed okay earlier, so he can't be sick. I wonder what happened to him. His brother was worried so it can't be good.

I sped to the hospital. Sam and I ran inside asking where Cas was located. When we found where he was we saw Gabe outside the room. He was a mess. His eyes were red and puffy from previous crying and he looked distraught.

Sam immediately walked over to him to start comforting him. I guess they must be good friends. Sam doesn't show this much affection towards people. Don't get me wrong, Sam is kind and caring, but he just doesn't care this much.

"What happened to Cas?" I ask. Gabe looks up at me with an energy-drained face and replie, "I think it's his place to tell you. I don't know if he wants anyone to know."

With that being said, none of us spoke for a long time. We waited anxiously outside Cas's room. A doctor came out of his room after half an hour of waiting. He looked at us and asked, "Are you waiting to see Castiel?"

We nodded and he told us that we could go in for a short period of time.

We walked into his room and the sight saddened me.

I saw Cas sitting in the hospital bed with a frown. He was covered in bandages and had a huge bruise on his jaw.

"How are you feeling?" Gabe asked, on the verge of tears.

Cas looked at him with an unreadable expression and replied, "Like shit."

Gabe had tears brimming in his eyes, so Sam started rubbing his back in a soothing way.

Cas's gaze shifted from Gabe and Sam to me. He stared blankly at me. "I'm sorry," I say, unsure of what I was sorry for.

"Why are you sorry?" he asks.

"I feel like I upset you earlier and I feel terrible. I just want to help you." I say. He stares at me like I'm the weirdest thing he's ever seen. "So, uhm, what happened, Cas?"

He looks at the ground and mumbles something none of us can hear. He looks at Gabe with a pleading look and a small nod.

"Guys, let's go. Cas needs rest," Gabe says quickly.

When we were out in the hallway, Gabe took a deep breath and started to speak, "When I got home today, I went to go talk to Castiel. Instead, I found him lying on the floor losing consciousness. There was b-blood everywhere a-and a bottle of p-pills." Gabe was trying hard not to break down. He continued, "I called 911 and he just barely made it." He sighed, "I just can't believe he tried to kill himself."

By now, I wanted to curl up so small that no one could see me. I don't want Cas to die. I care about him. Is this my fault? It probably is. My chest is heavy and I'm nauseous. I sit in the floor outside his room and put my head between my knees. Processing this information is giving me a headache.

This is my fault, isn't it?