𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 1: 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕰𝖓𝖉

𝕮𝖆𝖙𝖊'𝖘 𝕻𝕺𝖁

Just like all cliche stories begin, me and my twin, Skyler - or Skye, were going we always went every day, school. I and Skye were twins, but we're not as people usually anticipate us to be. People find that if someone were to say twins, you'd think of two people as looking exactly the same as each other, yet me and Skye were two totally different people. Skye was the bad-ass girl who wore heaps of makeup with bangles lined around her chocolate brown skin. She was very pretty, but I hated her style. Boys would easily come to her and attempt to make her blush, yet they never did. If a boy did that to me, I think i might lose it.

In a cliché story, these two girls wouldn't get along very well, yet we got along perfectly. I was a tomboy, whereas she was a girly-girl. I was a straight-A student whereas she was the schools' bad girl I did envy her a bit, but anything and everything can change easily. Teachers are always saying, 'You can do anything if you put your mind to it,' yet I still believed that if your destiny shows you a pathway you should seize an opportunity as soon as you see it coming in your direction and hold onto it for all it's worth. But, I knew a change would come and that I wouldn't have to be second best at everything all the time, maybe if we believe, positive changes will come.

We go to a boarding school, me and my sister so, me and my best friend, Hazel,(shout out to Hazel! <3 xx) were walking to our dorms after school, talking about our crushes, when Skye came into my vision.

"Cate, Cate!" she shouted in as she came in front of me.

"Yeah. . . sup?" I asked raising an eyebrow.

"The teachers gave us permission to go and see Dad," she replied.

My Dad was kind of special because although sent us to this boarding school, I can't blame them, we were very noisy and boisterous children especially because he was a single parent. Though we weren't very close at all, and it was pretty obvious that he'd rather Skye than me. My Mother died when we were very young, apparently, she had a mental illness and committed suicide when she was diagnosed with cancer, plus the hassle of us as kids.

My Dad could never make it to our school because he doesn't have enough money for a car and has arthritis in his leg so he couldn't walk here either, so every now and again, the teachers let us walk to his house because, for us, it wasn't too far.

I said my goodbyes to Hazel, before going with Skye to Dad's. I and my sister walked to the house laughing and talking amiably. When we'd gotten to the flat, it was eerily silent. But, this silence filled the room with a tight sense of tension, which made us stop talking immediately.

The silence was the loudest noise and I knew that the silence was thicker than the big woolly jumpers our Gran had given us every Christmas. It was actually a very eerie silence than anything else. The first thing I noticed was that the door was slightly ajar, Dad and Mum, when she was alive of course, used to give us long lectures about not leaving the door open. I could tell that Skye was thinking the same because as soon as I thought about this, and we exchanged worried glances. I couldn't think straight, because I didn't know what to expect there, but maybe I was exaggerating, maybe we'd go inside and everything would be fine. I steeled my self to go inside first as, by now, it was obvious that my sister wasn't going in first, plus if I were to ask her to go first, I knew that she'd use the fact that I was older than her by one and a half minutes against me.

In the flat next door, there were two boys, they looked like they were in the same situation as us. . . But there was this one boy, he was very good looking and I could tell that my twin sister was looking at him. . . or them. He looked at me, giving me a wry smile before going inside the flat. I guessed that was our cue to go in as well. . .

I nodded at Skye, hoping that she'd understand what I was trying to put across, luckily she did and nodded too.

I walked inside tentatively, trying not to fall, putting on foot in front of the other. Inside there was darkness, I couldn't see a thing, I reached to turn on the light taking a deep breath, telling myself it would be alright.

I turned it on.

Blood...

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

𝕿𝖍𝖎𝖘 𝖎𝖘 𝖒𝖞 𝖓𝖊𝖜 𝖇𝖔𝖔𝖐! 𝖁𝖔𝖙𝖊 & 𝖈𝖔𝖒𝖒𝖊𝖓𝖙 𝖇𝖊𝖑𝖔𝖜!