𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 10: 𝕾𝖔, 𝖜𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝖓𝖔𝖜?

𝕮𝖆𝖙𝖊'𝖘 𝕻𝕺𝖁

Free. Free at last. I know we were only there for one night, but it felt like ages stuck in a tiny cell by ourselves. It wasn't the best thing that's happened to us nor was it the worst; the worst was seeing the blood all over my Father's fingers like they were all individually soaked in blood, and the way his face was contorted in pain. A complete nightmare. Sometimes I wished that it wasn't real, like some kind of nightmarish dream, yet I was always awake.

What was happening: we were on the run, we had no parents, no food and the only clothing we had was the ones that we were wearing before. Nobody knew where the flats were or where the school was... in fact we didn't know where in the world we were!

That was when I looked at the note again: it said to go into the wood and go into a small cottage by the lake. 

"So, what now?" asked Harley.

"Well, in the note that that police officer gave me, it said to go into the wood," I replied hoping that this could give us a sense of direction.

"How do we know that he wasn't lying? Like a fake?" Skye asked.

"Well, he helped me find you guys," I pointed to each one of them in turn, "That's a good enough excuse for me," I claimed.

Shadow was walking behind the three of us, like he didn't have a care in the world. He looked as if he didn't care that we'd just run from a police and out of a prison cell,  the opposite of his brother, Harley who seemed pretty shaken up.

As we walked through the bustling streets of wherever we were, we stopped for a quick rest to figure out our next move. Shadow was leaning against the wall with a faraway look in his eyes, I decided to leave him be, while the rest of us considered what we were going to do next.

"What do you think we should do?" asked Skye.

"I think that we should go into the wood, like the note said," I said with a small hope that they'd agree.

"Shouldn't we get some food and clothing first? Or figure out where we are? Or where the wood actually is before we go venturing in there?" Harley suggested with a small shrug.

Me and Skye nodded, "What about Shadow?" 

Shadow looked up in recognition of his name, "What about me?" he questioned.

I couldn't help but let out a stifled laugh despite everything, "She asked, what do you think we should do now?"

He shook he head as if to say 'How should I know?' I bit my lip trying not to laugh again.

"So who agrees with Cate?" asked Skye, ignoring Shadow completely, no one said anything, "I guess lets go and find the wood, I guess," Skye's smile dropped a touch but she quickly plastered a smile on her face looking hopeful. 

So, we set off trying to find the wood, but it would be hard to find because we were in the middle of a huge town. People were going back and forth in cars, creating pollution in the air while others used bikes; I envied them. I wished there was a way to get around on a bike instead of walking. My feet were already tired from walking that short mile or so, I guess my feet aren't used to all this walking because of the cramp they'd gotten while I was in the cell.

Each of us were tired and hungry, and we looked as if we were homeless. Though, in one sense we were because we didn't have any parents or food or clothing of any of our essential needs. Looking at each of them, I could tell that they weren't thinking about what we were attempting to achieve but thinking about our parents'.

I was guessing it was hard for Shadow and Harley to loose their parents as they didn't go to a boarding school so they'd see them every day, unlike ours. Apparently my Mum committed suicide because she was crazy in the head, but I guessed that Harley and Shadow's Mum was a sane person... unlike ours.

We'd walked for an hour and neither of us had talked to each other, nor had we made any progress. We'd asked many if they knew where we could find some food, shelter or clothing or even if they knew where this wood was, in fact, I don't even know if it existed at all. So, just as we were about to give us, I asked a normal looking woman if she knew where the wood was or where we could find a small cottage in there, and she gave us directions. As we thanked her repeatedly, she said, "If you ever need somewhere to stay, you could go to the shelter," as she pointed to a huge building on the end of a high street. Thanking the woman again, we ventured off toward the direction she'd pointed to with a new sense of hope.

Another half an hour had passed, and it was getting darker, I assumed we'd gotten near the wood. The air was getting misty and the air was getting cold, leaves crunching underfoot, echoing throughout the wood.

We trudged through the wood looking for a small cottage. Agreeing on stopping by a near by lake to find something to eat, anything like berries or leaves, we sat down, only to find a silhouette behind me...

I turned around to see... A huge bear-snake-tiger coming towards me...

𝕯𝖔 𝖞𝖔𝖚 𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖓𝖐 𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖘 𝖒𝖆𝖞 𝖇𝖊 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖊𝖓𝖉 𝖔𝖋 𝕮𝖆𝖙𝖊? 𝖁𝖔𝖙𝖊, 𝖈𝖔𝖒𝖒𝖊𝖓𝖙 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖘𝖍𝖆𝖗𝖊 𝖇𝖊𝖑𝖔𝖜! (𝕴𝖙'𝖑𝖑 𝖇𝖊 𝖜𝖔𝖗𝖙𝖍 𝖎𝖙 𝖕𝖗𝖔𝖒𝖎𝖘𝖊 ^.^ )

𝕮𝖆𝖙𝖊 𝖝𝖝