𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 7: 𝕿𝖗𝖆𝖕𝖕𝖊𝖉

𝕾𝖍𝖆𝖉𝖔𝖜

𝕾𝖍𝖆𝖉𝖔𝖜

I was trapped. I knew I had to get answers fast, and there was a police officer behind me, so I had to leave Cate behind while she was looking for her sister. What else could I do? Surely, she would've sensed the emergency and tried to hurry up, at least? Looking back, that probably was a bit selfish, really, yet what could I do? Past is in the past. I can't do anything about it unless I had some sort of 'powers'... just forget the last part of that...

I ran away from the police patroller... and Cate.. and ran to find Harley. I felt really bad because I didn't realise, but Harley's room was right next to Skye's but I didn't tell Cate that... I should've told her that, then we could've ran to the place together. Past is in the past... whatever. Yet, I still couldn't help but feel bad. I should've really helped her. Now, she was probably caught by the police officer who was almost right behind her.  I was so much more interested in saving Harley than saving the girl I liked, this is really going to make her like me now isn't it? I'm so mad at myself because it got me here.

Basically, this is what happened. I was so caught up and so busy thinking about Cate and so busy thinking of a way to get Harley out of the prison (literally) that I wasn't even thinking about where I was going and which direction I was heading in. Losing my sense of direction, I walked straight into a wall. Why the hell did I even do that  I don't have a clue, search me. Anyways, a police officer came up to me, asking what I was doing and if I'd lost my parents in the prison. Sure I'd actually lost my parents, but I hadn't lost them in here. I had no idea what to tell him because, I couldn't exactly say that I had no parents (anymore) nor could I tell him that I was looking for my twin brother, so, stammering consistently, the police assumed I was either drunk or high. I guess I couldn't exactly blame him, for, my feet were staggering and my head was lolling as if I had no clue where I was or where I should be. 

Still unsure of what to say, I continued stammering, but my mind wasn't on what I was saying, it was more of a plan to get away from this man who was this  close to throwing me into a cell. I took a deep breath, attempting to steady myself for this 'extreme' action I was about to take. It wasn't too heroic, but nevertheless quite  heroic... this was actually cool... is that bad? I am only 13 yet I'm running away, or attempting to, from a police, is that bad?  I couldn't care less anyway. I placed myself into a running position as the police looked at me suspiciously. My heart was thudding against my chest so hard, I thought that my ribs were going to break, to be honest, I was scared. Nothing like this had happened to me before and I had no idea how to act. I knew basic things about the police that could've helped me in the situation like they have high tech machines that can help solve crimes and so on, things to help solve crimes whatever. I also knew that there were other punishments other than jail, like the electric chair, otherwise known as execution or the most painful/worst way to die, well, maybe not the most painful. Like you could've get run over by a truck with 500,000,000 tons of... broccoli(?) These positives were probably the only thing that actually helped me get out of the situation... kind of.

I was mentally readying myself to run, and I can see the police officer still watching me. God, I'm in so much trouble. If this didn't work, I was so dead, and it probably wasn't either, which was even worse, I hoped I could get out of here crime-free, though that would be a very hard thing to do. Seeing as I had no parents anymore, I was hoping that no one would really care. Just as the police was distracted, for that small millisecond, I ran. But I wasn't going to keep running, oh no.  I'd easily get tired out so, running towards the direction of Harley's room, I saw Cate in the corner of my eye. She was talking to a police officer also. I guess she was caught too, but they seemed to be having more of a conversation than a serious telling off. I wondered what was going on and the police officer who was talking to her had been smiling. The flip is happening?

Ducking into a nearby corridor, to lose the officer, I got distracted and ran straight into the wall. Rubbing my head, I'd realised that I'd been loosing many sacred seconds, just sitting on the floor rubbing my bruised head. I'd be so lucky if it didn't come out as a huge red bump on my head, or if it caused me a severe concussion. My breathing began to quicken as many police were now surrounding me with guns in their hands. 

My head was spinning as I tried to focus on what was happening. I swear, I felt as if I was drunk like everything wasn't right.. but the thing was nothing was right. After my parents died, which was less than 24 hours ago, nothing seemed right.. apart from being with Cate. Just seeing her face made everything seem so right. She'd never want me, I bet if I died right now, she won't care, hell, she probably wouldn't even realise that I was missing. 

I finally managed to let go. I stopped trying to regain my focus. My mind went blank...

𝖁𝖔𝖙𝖊 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖈𝖔𝖒𝖒𝖊𝖓𝖙 𝖇𝖊𝖑𝖔𝖜 𝖛.𝖛

𝕮𝖆𝖙𝖊 𝖝𝖝