𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 14: 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕰𝖓𝖉?

𝕾𝖍𝖆𝖉𝖔𝖜'𝖘 𝕻𝕺𝖁

I think Cate is out of her mind. First she leads us to a man who we thought was at least 80 years old, only to realise that he couldn't be older than 40 and he was fake. I could tell that we were all uneasy and so was I if I was totally honest. 

But as soon as he started to explain, he disappeared in thin air! We all looked around to see if we could find him, but we had no such luck and it dawned onto me that he wasn't coming back. As soon as he left, a huge monster began walking out of the water again.

"Not again," I could hear Cate mutter. 

But this animal was different to the one before, it was a zebra-rhino-elephant. It had long floppy ears with a trunk and a horn with stipes on its back. It was the scariest thing I'd ever seen - or, so I thought. That was before I saw it. 

In the distance was a bright blue light, the same colour of the man's eyes and was coming closer.

"What's that?" Harley asked.

"It can't be anything good..." I trailed off.

About a minute later, it was in clear view. It was some kind of skeleton yet it had the same piercing blue eyes of the man. It was the scariest thing that I'd ever seen in my life and it was even scarier than (Hazel's reflection)... I don't think that I'd ever seen anything more scarier than that!

Usually, at this kind of danger I wouldn't shy away, but this was different. There was this thing, just coming towards us with it's arms outstretched, and it wasn't the nicest thing coming to 'give us a hug' nor did I want to do so as I hated hugs from anyone in the first place.

I was frozen to the spot and there was absolutely nothing that I could do. I tried to move my legs. No use. There was some kind of curse on my legs, I was sure because as soon as it got too close, Cate pulled me, so did Harley, to get me to move; but for some reason I just couldn't. Cate, Harley and Skye were in safety, while I was still the things main feast. Out of the corner of my eye, I could see Cate trying to flick her arm up, like she did when she was getting rid of the bear thing, trying to lift me up instead, but failing miserably, it was very frustrating that I was screaming and shouting and nothing was happening. It was almost the same thing that had happened to Harley when he was inside the apartment. The only difference was, I was about to die and he looked possessed! 

I would've must rather be in the position of Harley than the one I was in now; in fact I think if you were to ask anyone, they'd say the same thing, so at least I wasn't the only one.

The situation was hopeless. If Harley, Skye and Cate were hiding, then, who was going to save me. I can't die, I have too much to live for! I need to tell Cate that I like her and I haven't even thought about my funeral. I can't die! 

I want to die in my bed cosy and warm, I don't wanna die! Not here, not now!

I shut my eyes, trying to keep the tears out and thinking about all the memories I had and will forever take hold of, whether I die here or not, I will always remember the people who attempted to save me, but never got the chance too. I thought about my powers, wondering if this was going to be the end of the four of us. Like, if one goes down, we all go down; what if one of them ends up committing suicide for me, not wanting to live in a world without me.

But I realised, I don't have a friend in the world. There's obviously Harley, but he's my brother and no one's ever wanted to be my friend before, so the thought of being missed was simply not a reality, unfortunately. 

If I were to be spared for just one last day I'd die happy, I'd be with all my family members, with no one spared, they've all died, or run away, either way, they weren't going to be found somewhere in this world anyway. Even if we tried and searched the whole world, no one related to me would be found. I was the last person in my family standing, so maybe I was better off if I died.

But, the lake monster was dragging me into the cold water and I was drowning, the last of me was about to go. I should've expected it, really. Part of me wanted to blame Cate for leading us all here, but when I look up at her doe eyes as she looks at me, one last time, I possibly cannot. With the last ounce of strength I have left, I look into her eyes and mouth, 'I'm Sorry.' 

What am  sorry for? Well, this has all been my fault and only I am to blame. I was the one who'd agreed to coming here, Harley and Skye had nothing to do with this. This is all my fault and I have no one else to blame.

 This is the end of me. The end of my life.

𝕬 𝖛𝖊𝖗𝖞 𝖘𝖆𝖉 𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗, 𝖉𝖔𝖓'𝖙 𝖞𝖔𝖚 𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖓𝖐?

𝕳𝖔𝖕𝖊𝖋𝖚𝖑𝖑𝖞 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖓𝖊𝖝𝖙 𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖜𝖎𝖑𝖑 𝖇𝖊 𝖇𝖊𝖙𝖙𝖊𝖗.

𝖁𝖔𝖙𝖊, 𝖈𝖔𝖒𝖒𝖊𝖓𝖙 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖘𝖍𝖆𝖗𝖊 𝖇𝖊𝖑𝖔𝖜! ^.^

𝕮𝖆𝖙𝖊 𝖝𝖝