𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 8:𝕴𝖓𝖘𝖎𝖉𝖊

𝕮𝖆𝖙𝖊'𝖘 𝕻𝕺𝖁

𝕮𝖆𝖙𝖊'𝖘 𝕻𝕺𝖁

I opened the door to find...

I found Shadow, Harley and Skye all in the same room?!

Behind me, the door locked... What was happening? Slowly, Shadow woke up first, great(!) I had to be the one who had to spend the most time with him. Why was fate making more time for me to be with him? 

"Morning, Scruff," he smiled while I rolled my eyes. Scruff?

"Scruff?"  I asked him as he nodded and looked up to my hair. Looking in a nearby piece of metal, I found out that my hair was sticking up in all different places. Shadow smirked again as I fiercely attempted to make it stick, but being the disobedient piece of myself, stuck up worse than it had before. Shadow was now standing in a corner trying to contain his laughter.

"Nice hair Scruff," Again with the nickname, I then decided to give him a nickname of my own, looking at his bright red hair.

"Same to you, Red,"  I smirked at him as he clutched his heart in mock pain. I guessed I'd surprised him with my nickname, well I hoped that I did anyway.

"Okay, okay you got me," as he turned to his 'bed' at the side of the cell, slumping against the wall, I could hear him mumble 'Scruff'.

"You know we've got to get out of here?" I said raising an eyebrow. He pointed to Harley and Skye, "Oh, right," I said with a hint of disappointment in my voice. I kind of wanted to get out of here but I can't go without Skye and I don't want to admit it, but I think I might need Shadow to get out of here... especially with that fire thing he can do, it could actually help in the worst of situations. 

"Maybe try and get some rest instead?" His voice actually sounded like there was true concern in his voice, but I didn't hear it at first and instead said, "Yeah, 'cause that's gonna help us get through this," I felt really bad for this after.

"Um.. well sorry Scruff," he was really trying to piss me off I swear.

  "You know you could be nice sometimes... for a change," but I mumbled the last part as I fell asleep.

***

In the middle of the night, I woke up from this bad dream. I had this dream where my parents had died and I'd met these people called Shadow and Harley where they'd suffered from the same thing and Skye was shot in the leg and we were all in a cell where we were accused of the wrong thing. 

                              ***
I woke up in a panic where I'd been drenched in sweat and my clothes were now smelling like my own blood and sweat. I then realised that it was all a dream, but Skye hadn't been shot in the leg, yet the worst part of my dream had  to be real. I cried although I wasn't around Dad much, nor did he take much interest in our lives, he'd been the best parent I could've ever asked for. I wondered how Shadow and Harley coped with losing both their parents'. The situation that we were all in was very sad, yet we couldn't change the future, even if we wished for it.

***

I woke up to the sound of banging against a pot and shouting in my ear, "TIME TO WAKE UP!!!!!! EVERYONE DRAG YOUR ARSES OUT HERE NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" 

Jeez! I thought as he continued banging on his pot and shouting in my ear. After a few minutes, he moved onto Harley who was sleeping silently, his head by my feet on his own 'bed'. I swear I'd never slept on something so hard in my life, my back felt like it was broken, I hoped someone was to give me a message and a nice hot bath. I felt like hugging myself at this thought, but I couldn't otherwise I'd show the guard that I was awake and who knows what kind of punishment he was thinking of giving us already.

I opened an eye a small fraction and saw that, on the other side of the room, lay Shadow who was squeezing his eyes tight shut so that the guard wouldn't notice him. I guessed he had the same idea as me. He looked so peaceful and calm and innocent, yet as soon as he opened his mouth, you could tell that he was nothing but trouble, and it was true.

"Y'ALL NIGGAS GET OUT OF BED NOW!! I KNOW YOU'RE AWAKE!!" I could feel his presence stopping in front of me and his breath hot against my mouth and his eyes piercing into my skin. 

Oh god, oh god, oh god...

My heart was pounding as I tried to conceal my fast breathing. I wished that there was some way to get the guards attention off of me, I wished that that same officer that had talked to me before had come in here. I tried not to have a show of scrunching my eyes shut, otherwise, he'd caught me awake, the tension was filling the room a bottle of fizz that had been shaken for days, spraying the whole room with its tension. I bit the inside of my lip in hope that he wouldn't see me do it; when there was a huge bang and then a crash. I could feel the heat of the guard's breath leaving my mouth as he turned towards the door to see what had happened. 

I breathed out a huge sigh of relief and then heard a familiar voice talking softly to the guard, "Hey, brother," it was the officer I'd saw yesterday... wait but that meant that the guards' brother was that officer I saw earlier! I'd never guess that a soft old man would be brothers would a brutal, cruel man. "Why don't I grab the both of us a small coffee?" he continued. I opened my eyes. They were just about to leave. When they'd left, the older officer had given me a subtle wink and had opened the door a touch... our way to freedom! 

But...

 How did my wish come true? Could it be something to do with what Shadow can do? What is going on right now??
°•°•°•°•°•° • ° • ° • ° • ° • ° • ° • ° • ° • ° • ° •
𝕿𝖊𝖑𝖑 𝖒𝖊 𝖜𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝖞𝖔𝖚 𝖙𝖍𝖔𝖚𝖌𝖍𝖙 𝖔𝖋 𝖙𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗! 𝖁𝖔𝖙𝖊, 𝖈𝖔𝖒𝖒𝖊𝖓𝖙 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖘𝖍𝖆𝖗𝖊 𝖇𝖊𝖑𝖔𝖜 𝖛.𝖛

𝕮𝖆𝖙𝖊 𝖝𝖝