𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 4: 𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖓𝖌𝖊𝖘

𝕮𝖆𝖙𝖊'𝖘 𝕻𝕺𝖁

𝕮𝖆𝖙𝖊'𝖘 𝕻𝕺𝖁

In the distance, I could hear sirens, they were probably the ones that me and Shadow had called for, so, I shoved the small pieces of paper into my pocket and rushed out of the door before Shadow, Skye or his brother noticed my disappearance.

As I walked out, I found Skye slumped against the wall with Harley and Shadow trying to comfort her. I guessed because Skye is such a gossip, that she'd told the boys what had happened. Harley was trying to console by tapping her on her arm as she sobbed between her legs. I couldn't help but feel sorry for her, I was a lot tougher than Skye, because... well let's just say that a lot of deaths happen in this town and... one of those deaths was my boyfriend... my ex-boyfriend... and since then there'd been many deaths close to me, friends close cousins... but not with Skye. These deaths are also why I have a mild phobia of people. I guess I am scared that I'd become too attached to someone and then lose them.

I sat next to Skye, putting my hands around her shoulders trying to cease her crying, failing miserably, she cried and cried and cried, even when the authorities came, she wouldn't stop. I looked up to the boys, to see if they'd help me, but they obviously had no idea what to do. Typical boys

The boys went on talking in hushed tones, so I couldn't hear what they were saying... apart from that one time Shadow mentioned my name.

Finally, the police came to inspect the place, but some of the police went into the boy's room. Taking a peek through the crack of the door, I realised that the same crime had been committed in their room. That made a lot of sense seeing that Harley was looking a lot paler than he should have been. Shadow was leaning against the wall, I rolled my eyes yet again. So a relative of theirs had died of unnatural causes and all he was doing was leaning against the wall like there wasn't a care in the world. It couldn't be anyone close to him if he was that sad. 

In a matter of seconds, there were police everywhere. There was some interviewing me, Harley and Shadow, but obviously, Skye wasn't in the best of conditions so they left her.

We were all then taken to the police station where we were interviewed further, while Skye was still interviewed, but was taken into a hospital, just to check her over. I gave the police exactly what happened.

The police listened carefully, taking down various notes, nodding sympathetically when I mentioned the death of my father, and my mother. 

After I finished, I found myself asking about Harley and Shadow. I didn't know why, I just thought that because they were in the same situation as us, the last I could do was ask about them. But the police officer simply replied, "The boys will be fine. I think they'd be sent to the nearest boarding school, but I'm not sure who their legal guardian would be," he offered me a sympathetic smile.

The something hit me. If they were going to be sent to the nearest boarding school... the nearest boarding school... was ours.

How was that going to work? They were going to be going to our school. They could've easily gone to a different school, yet they picked our school. I ran a hand through my knotted hair. This was going to be a stressful year, that was before everything happened. Them going to our school would've been nothing compared to what we've struggled through.

Anyway, I was trying to keep out any thoughts of murder and so on, but I've never thought that it would be so hard to ignore these thoughts.

Soon after, I heard an alarm on the officers' walkie-talkie and he went out to answer it.

The man was talking ages so I decided to think about our future, me and Skye. It was confusing, there was nothing I could think of as a new life which didn't involve the death of both of us.

I decided that it was useless and instead started investigating on my breathing. Weird, right? I was pretty bored and just focuses on the sound of my breathing. In and out my breathing continued. 'What if I had the ability to move things, that would be funny right?' I thought. I laughed to my self quietly. Imagine if that actually happened.

Focusing on a piece of paper, I decided to try to lift it in the air.
To my surprise, it floated in the air. At first, I thought that it was just the wind, but as I drifted my eyes, the paper followed. What was happening now?

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

~Cate