𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 6: 𝕾𝖈𝖆𝖗𝖊𝖉

𝕮𝖆𝖙𝖊

𝕮𝖆𝖙𝖊

Just before I was finished with the interview, the officer left the room to talk on his radio, I couldn't hear exactly what he was saying but he was shouting and was very confused. I walked to the door putting my ear to the door, trying to figure out what he was saying.

As soon as I did this, Shadow came flying through the door, I stumbled backwards, rubbing my nose that had been hit with the door in which Shadow had just come in through.

He immediately realised what he'd done and was apologising to me non-stop.

"Shadow, it's okay... Why did you come here... Wait, how did you come in here?" I asked him, shock driven into my speech.

Shadow replied, "I came to tell you," he sighed, "Your grandparent has died," he bit his lip.

"Wait, what?" I was shocked, my granddad was is good condition, he wouldn't just die... like that. Plus why so soon after my parent's death.

"You sure? Just like that?"  I asked him.

Shadow nodded. My god... there was something strange going on with this family.

"Can I ask you something...?" He asked me... To be honest, I was kind of scared that he'd asked me out or something like that, but yet what he'd asked me was nothing like that. I nodded anyway.

"When your parents were murdered," he began, "Was there anything strange going on with you... like weird magic powers," He sighed, knowing how strange he must've sounded to me, it did actually.

"Um... No... Why?"

"'Cause something is weird going on with me," he stared at the floor, closing his eyes tight while hovering his hand in front of his body. He exhaled and a fire sprang out of his hand. I screamed. Well, what else could I do? It's not every day that you see someone standing in front of you with a fire leaping and darting in his hand. The fire was big a fierce and could easily cause destruction and death. Why did we even have these powers? Were we special or something? Did Skye and Harley have the same powers as us? So many questions!

"Wait, shouldn't we ask Skye and Harley if they have these 'powers' too?" I asked Shadow, who was looking quite fazed by his new discovery.

He looked up, a little startled, "Sure, you wanna ask Skye and I'll ask Harley, we'll meet up here after yeah? There's a bunch of security cameras that we can use to find them around this corner," I nodded in response.

Ditching, the officer who was still talking into his radio, a little quieter now was still looking quite lost. Making sure he was looking in the opposite direction, I took off running in the same direction as Shadow, who was turning the corner to find the security cameras. 

He found it quicker than I could have. I searched each camera, looking for the one that Skye was in. The first row of cameras: no Skye. The second row of cameras: No Skye. Where the hell was she? Shadow had found his brother and was running in the direction of the room, a police officer was drawing nearer to me. Oh god, please don't see me...  I begged inside my head. I wished and wished that the police officer could go away. I closed my eyes wishing harder and harder... and he turned away... um... what the hell just happened?  There was no time to lose, that was way too close and I couldn't give up to the police already, no way. I had to find Skye, there was another officer coming my way.

The third row of cameras: there was Skye, she was slouched on a chair in front of a desk, her eyes glassy again. Room 5763. A police officer was patrolling the place, coming towards me, and back in my room, was the officer who was wandering around, obviously looking for me. Going to Skye was the only option I had, then again I could go to Harley's room. I glanced at the top row of cameras. 5762. His room was right next to Skye's. I was thinking too much about this, I ran, I ran like I'd never ran before away from the police officer who was gaining on me, slowly but surely. Taking a glance behind my shoulder, I watched the first officer walking in the opposite direction, resembling a robot. As I ran onwards, and down, the lights began to fade, before I couldn't see at all, running straight into a police officer. Oh God,  I thought for not the first time that day, I started to panic. How'd Shadow gotten through all this and in the darkness without being caught?   I thought to myself. Beads of sweat were now running down my forehead, as he looked at me expectantly.

"Lost?" He said, at last, raising an eyebrow.

Seeing that this was the only way I could've gotten out of this situation, I replied as best as I could, trying not to sound scared, " Lost? Lost, yes, yes, I'm lost, I was.. looking .. looking for an officer, I saw him go round here."

"In the dark?" He inquired. Yes, good point, I thought. I racked my brains, trying to come up with the best excuse, ending up coming with the worst, "Got a light....?" I had to stifle a laugh, that was the worst excuse anyone could've made, but still, he reached in his pocket. To be honest, I thought he was going to pull out a gun, and retreated a couple steps back on instinct. To my relief, he only pulled out a spare torch and gave it to me along with a piece of paper which he dropped in my pocket.

"Good luck finding that officer," he said giving me a wink before leaving me alone.

I rushed down the endless flights of stairs, I stopped to look at each door number, Room 5723,5733,5743,5753... One more flight of stairs. Panting, gasping for breath, looked at the door number, Room 5763. Good, this was the one. Now, I simply had to go in and warn Skye. I swung the door open and...

o.o.o.o.o.o.o.o.o.o.o.o.o.o.o.o.o.o.o.o.o.o.o.o.o.o.o.o.o.o.o.o.o.o.o.o.o.o.o.o.o.o.o.o.o.o.

𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝖉𝖎𝖉 𝖞𝖔𝖚 𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖓𝖐 𝖔𝖋 𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖘 𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗? 𝖁𝖔𝖙𝖊 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖈𝖔𝖒𝖒𝖊𝖓𝖙 𝖇𝖊𝖑𝖔𝖜 𝖛.𝖛

𝕮𝖆𝖙𝖊 𝖝𝖝